CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

Tasha's POV

Forms for prefect ship were out. People rushed to the teachers staff for them. Students I didn't believe would go for prefect ship were all in a queue to get their forms.

I heard Edith Farms had also taken a form to as an aspirant for school prefect. I sat at my desk as students run helter skelter to make fun of the others. People sat in circles students gossiping and others made their desks their second home as they snored quietly with their minds at rest. Felicia and Jay were out of class. Frankson and Sasha were not talking to each other. God knows why they were not on talking terms. Jason and I grew close a little over the week. Sitting in class alone was awkward as I was used to them being around me and no one seem to exist at the moment.

The scene last weekend came bubbling to mind. Did I say something wrong! Sasha's behaviour towards Frankson was distant. He's drinking to what I said and this meant something, but my mind refused to think straight. My month formed an o shape when the mind clicked. Fuck.

He cheated on her. With whom? Why? When? Questions crossed my mind suddenly.

Why didn't Sasha tell me anything concerning her relationship?

Jason pulled me out of my thoughts with a paper he threw at me. I raised my eyebrows at him. Read. He signed with his hands.

Picking it up from the floor, it revealed his handwriting, and it read, 'My answer.'

"Ok. Yes. I said quietly.

"Can I sit by you?" He asked again with signs.

I nodded. Getting up from where he was and strode to my place.

"Won't you shift and make space for me?" He asked, smirking.

Placing his ass on my seat, he took the book in front of me.

"You like reading, huh?" He asked, still examining the book in his hands.

"Should I answer that?"

"Nope. I'm good. I know it's a rhetorical question."

Silence took the over the place for a couple of minutes. Feeling uncomfortable with the appalling silence, he spoke again.

"Are you free after class?"

"Kind of, what do you want to talk about?"

"Something interesting, can't you wait?" He asked, standing up with a short laugh.

"Why do you want to be friends with me?" I asked, that had been lingering on my mind for some days.

"I want you to know I'm a good boy that's all."

I knew that was a colossal lie. It was now my turn to smirk.

"Very funny," I said with a short laugh, taking my book from him.

He joined in laughing. Jay, Felicia, Frankson, Solomon and Sasha chose that moment to enter the class. They all looked at us with perplexed looks.

"Are you two.....?" Solomon asked, trailing off.

"He is just studying with me after class, don't think too far," I replied.

"And when was that agreement issued out?" Felicia asked.

"Just today, don't ask further questions?" Jason said with annoyance.

"Dude, are we going? Frankson" asked.

I looked at Jason, not wanting any explanation, but I guess my facial expression betrayed me.

"I will explain. See you after class," he said and slightly hugged me, leaving surprised looks on my best friends faces.