CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

Nothing significant happened after my sister's encounter with Jake. Sunday, Brian was to return, but his flight was cancelled due to security services. Jocelyn kept to her room all night and hadn't been her usual self since this morning, but I decided to eat my cake and ignore the icing on hers. Switching my phone back to life, my notification read forty-nine messages. Most from family friends, some from primary friends, two from Sasha, Jay, Felicia, Jude, and an unknown number. I knew my friends were big-time assholes, but I never knew they were ASSHOLES. How would they all send the same messages just to waste my data?

Me: How can you all send the same messages.

Sasha: I suggested it.

Me: Sometimes, think like you have human blood in you.

Sasha: Answer the question.

Me: Okay, I agree. What time?

Sasha: Today around three o'clock.

Me: Pm or am.

Sasha: Think. Just be human for once.

Me: Casual outfit?

Sasha: Yeah, makeup?

Me: Eww. No way.

Sasha: Fine, I will deliver the message Bye. Ly

Me: Same here.

Switching the screen light off, I went over to the fridge and poured myself an apple drink. Settling on the sofa, I saw my dad and Vida open the door to enter.

"Tasha, I think you will help me in the kitchen." I heard Vida say.

"I would like to ask, is it a question, request, or command."

"Any of them."

"Consider me out of any of them."

Looking at my dad, I expected him to say something, but he remained silent.

"Tasha, just help her." My dad said unexpectedly.

"Dad!" I cried out." You can't always defend her as if she is your wife."

"I'm not, Tasha. It's for your good."

Eyeing Vida, I climbed the stairs and entered my sister's room to find her weeping. Not that I cared, but I was concerned.

"Hey, sis, why?" I asked, sitting beside her in the queen size bed. Quietly she gave me her phone, double-tapping on the screen; my mouth flew open as the information hit me. How could this be? Why did it happen? Why him? "So, where is he?" I asked as that was the only question lingering in my mind. With a tear-stained face, she looked at me and started crying again.

"Tasha, I love him." She admitted. "What if it's too late to tell him." With that, she started crying again.

"Does dad know?" I asked her.

"No. I don't wish to tell him." She replied with a stern voice. Retaking her phone re-read the information.

"Sis, he's been admitted at the hospital; stop weeping. He's going to be alright," I assured her. Standing up, I snatched the car keys from a drawer and pulled her up.

"Sis, let's go see him. It occurred yesterday; if he were to be dead, it would be announced today. Sis, let's go." I reassured her. Wiping her tears with tissues, she blew her nose into her handkerchief. We descended the stairs and met my dad and Vida doing teens wouldn't dare do.

"Dad, for Christ's sake, you have kids, be a gentleman for once." Joycelyn cried out bitterly.

"We are off to the hospital. See you later," I told my father. Standing up from his seat, he got closer to us and laid his hands on Joycleyn's shoulders. "He's not dead. Just control yourself when you see him in a wheelchair. Maybe." My dad said with a smirk. Both my sis and I had surprising looks on our faces.