ᑭᗩᖇT TᕼIᖇTY TᗯO

Once Barbara had made it to the other side, she stopped. Laying out before her, strangely, stood the outside of the lab, and upon turning to look back, saw that she was standing right where she thought she was.

Everything there seemed to be symmetrical; exactly the same as their own world. What was different, however, was the obvious darkness that covered the air, the sky, the ground. Coldness and darkness; that's what was different.
She flattened down her jacket, and started walking.

After what seemed like a few miles of pointless wonder, Barbara stopped with a rigid stance. Just up ahead, seemingly coming from behind the trees, a low growling travelled through ear to ear. The wind picked up, causing a faint whistle to add to the eeriness. Perhaps it was an animal, although one couldn't possibly survive in such conditions.

The thought of a small mammal, like a squirrel of some sort, kept the aura of calm on its toes. As much as she wanted to believe it to be the cause, she knew it was not.

Another gush of wind bought another growl.
To her surprise, she walked towards the noise.
Maybe it was Will, maybe the air had given him a sore throat and he was trying to call for help. It wasn't likely, but it was a possibility.

Reaching forward, Holland carefully pulled away a branch, revealing nothing but an empty shell of animal bones.
Upon standing, a frosty shiver crawled down the back of her neck, causing her spine to freeze and posture to curl.

When she turned, she found she could no longer move, nor breathe, just stare at the silhouette that leaned over her at at-least nine foot tall.
And just as it opened its mouth, Barbara Holland became a memory; not remembered, but not forgotten.