ᑭᗩᖇT TᗯᗴᑎTY TᗯO

A sinister looking man took a foot out of one of the two vans, followed on command by an army of people. All in suits and blazers, the crew looked very much superior to Barb. Panic rose in her throat. Her destination was only one more turn away, and Nancy was probably wondering where she was by now.
The leader, a man with snowy white hair, stalked forward, stance straight and official.

"Barbara," his voice spoke, deep and stern. "How are you doing on this fine evening?"

His tone spooked her, along with the fact that he somehow knew her name. Remaining the calm being she was aiming to be, Holland forced a smile. "I'm doing fine, thank you, I just noticed that you're blocking the road?"

The man chuckled slightly, nodding towards the two large masses filling the way. "Well observed. If you would like to come with us, we can get the road unblocked without a fuss."

Barbara suddenly felt very vulnerable. The more the man forced his sickly sweet smile, the more Barb's brain ticked into action. She knew not to get into vehicles with strangers, but this stranger was different, and one she wanted to stay away from all together.
Martin Brenner.

The realisation was like an electric shock, a wider feel of panic spreading through her veins. "I'm sorry Sir," she stayed a false calm. "I have to meet with my friend. She'll be worried if I don't return."

Brenner's smile faded, and he looked back towards his colleagues with a faint nod. They watched him like obedient dogs, following his every move, every signal. And a signal is what was sent.

In the next moment, the pack had become feral, baring their teeth while bringing fingers up to newly aimed guns. Breath hitched in the girl's throat, making her stomach drop to seemingly the ground.

Martin stood there, demeanour like a calm flame that was prepared to spit and ignite at any moment. "Barbara," he repeated, "if you would like to come with us?"

One wrong move and she'd be shot. Barbara Holland soon found that she had no choice, and obliged timidly but confidently.