ᑭᗩᖇT TᗯᗴᑎTY Oᑎᗴ

Barbara sat stiffly, elbows locked in position to control the vehicle. Sydney's words had confused her- the long, drawling words. It was almost like she wasn't allowed to say, by the volume and force she said it. Secrets aren't to be told, promises aren't to be broken. Barbara knew that, and the girl in the backseat did too.

The simplest things seemed to be easier for Syd, so Barb got straight to the point. "Well, where is he?"

The girl's lips upturned slightly, corners suppressing a giggle. "Not here. Hiding."

The tone became quiet, serious once more. What would he be hiding from? Holland didn't know.
"I can show you." Voice became a whisper.

The older girl blinked, bringing her foot from the accelerator to slow the car. "What do you mean you can show me? Where is he,
Sydney? This is serious. Why are you acting as if you can't tell me straight up?"

Swipes at the girl grew ferocious, beginning to be infuriated by her vague replies and comments. Will Byers' disappearance was not a game to be figured out, played through as a bit of fun. He was a real boy in a real world; something Barbara couldn't be sure Sydney even was.

Vehicle pulled over, tires bumping on stray asphalt. Losing patience entirely, Barbara turned to snap, ready to show her true colours. But when she turned, she remembered that no one was or ever had been sat in the back seat, and when the mirror was checked, no one showed themselves there either. Sydney had gone, and had left with nothing but questions.

With a sigh, Barbara pulled back onto the road.
Trees became dense around the way, closing in all remaining space. Expression still showed signs of shock, but the girl felt weirdly calm; as if seeing Sydney again had given her a sense of comfort, knowing that nothing horrible had happened to her- as far as she knew.
She didn't know why she cared so much.

Just ahead, peering through the gaps in the trees which were growing once more, stood two sets of headlights like dragons baring their fiery breath. Hawkins was usually bare at night, so to avoid any suspicion on her part, Barbara wiped her features of any emotion and continued the drive. Upon arriving to a clear view on them both, the driver had noticed that there was no possible way through. The road was blocked by the two parallel vehicles.

Even though it was a completely inconvenient placement, through politeness, she didn't sound the horn, or shout vulgar words out of the window, instead, the girl simply exited the vehicle and stood patiently until the two owners of the vans noticed the girl waiting for their leave.

When they did, Barbara wished that they did not.