ᑭᗩᖇT TᗯᗴᑎTY ᑎIᑎᗴ

The hallways the three of them prowled through were eerily quiet, despite all of the commotion radiating out of the numerous laboratories. The manacles had been removed from her wrist, leaving hot red marks where they previously lay. Barbara was aware that her newly found confidence had bought their guard down, but she could tell that it wasn't fully lost. The base foundations remained.

Sirens buzzed and machines beeped as the group advanced down the corridors, free of any conversation, stances straight and professional.
The staff making special amends to give them a safe journey made Barbara feel a weird sense of royalty; like she was in the higher tiers of the business. Sadly though, it was a business she didn't want to be involved with anyway. Not now, not ever.

She had no idea what time it was, whether it be day or night, today or tomorrow. She had never had the chance to ask Brenner how long she had been out. Speaking of it, however they achieved her unconscious state left a sour taste in the back of her throat, like a bad smell you can almost swear you can taste.

Barbara assumed that Brenner and Connie would be leading her straight to Will, make her swear not to tell and be done with it- but she knew it wouldn't be that easy. And when they walked up to a plastic hazmat covering, the theory was confirmed to be true.

Yellow biohazard stickers littered the clearing, surrounding a zip which was protruding in the middle. Two guards opened the flap on command, stepping aside to let their masters pass.

The room behind the door consisted of nothing but white suits made to keep out toxic air.

She knew that they wouldn't oblige- the government never did.

A smirk tried to sneak its way onto Brenner's mouth as his eyes met Frazier's, and Barb could tell that he was trying to tame it. After a second, it worked.
The two elder agents reached forward and grabbed a suit, stepping into it quickly and efficiently before another member of staff grabbed an extra and thrusted it towards the young girl.

Quickly, Brenner blocked contact with his arm.
"She won't be needing it."

The man who had been stopped paused for a moment, a concerned look knitting his eyebrows together. The glare shot at him was enough to make him save his questions.

Barbara blinked at the man, who almost looked sorry for her. She had no idea what was happening, or why she didn't need a suit, but everyone else was wearing one.
In this moment, she really wished that Sydney would appear and show her the way out of the maze of the lab.
However, her appearing in front of Brenner again would be too much of a risk to take, so therefore, she cancelled the wish.

With a buzz, a glass elevator rose to the corner of the room, causing a trigger to activate the opening door. What Barbara was met with on the other side was enough to make a person question their entire existence. And that's just what she did.