ᑭᗩᖇT TᕼIᖇTY Oᑎᗴ

Martin Brenner turned to the young girl, lowering himself to eye level.
"Now, Barbara," he said, lips curling into an ill-contained smirk. "Your little friend is right behind that threshold. Penetrate it, and find your way out as quickly as possible. You will grab the boy, and speak nothing of the matter. Do you understand?"

Holland gulped, nodding her head against her will. "Yes, sir. I understand."

"Very well then."

With a nod and a secret signal to the workers on the other side of the room, Barb was ushered into the elevator once more.
From then on, she would be alone on her journey.

Turning around in a panic, she kept eye contact with Brenner until she could no longer, and then seized to see him again.

As the elevator doors threw themselves open, breath became hoarse and unstable. She now understood why they needed so many layers of protection, of safety. The little particles transmitting out of the gate were assumed to be toxic, but the holding of breath would be pointless, as it was already too late. They were already making themselves comfortable inside of her lungs.

Barbara took a step forward, weaving her way through the stray vines lining the concrete floor.
The entrance was gaining on her, but she didn't stop, didn't falter. Barbara wanted over with it just as much as she assumed that Will wanted a saviour.

Blinking away a tear full of panic and dread, the girl paused for a moment, turning back towards the two governmental figures plotting her downfall. Brenner and Frazier stalked closer to their glass window, smugness lining their features. They were watching her as if it were a movie.

Looking at them made her feel nothing but disgust. They were putting her in danger on purpose, but Barbara didn't want to prove that she was weak, or unable. She was going to prove that she held nothing but power over them both... after she tells everyone the truth, that is.

Taking one final reach, contact was made with the base. The flesh below squelched and attempted to squirm under the pressure, disliking the sudden disruption from the newcomer. The fright that came with the vines travelling underfoot only made Barb more determined. More determined to get in, and out, a lot quicker.