ᑭᗩᖇT TᗯᗴᑎTY ᗴIᘜᕼT

"So are there more then?" Barbara asked, becoming visibly agitated despite the weakness. "Like Sydney, that is."

The man before her narrowed his eyes. "I thought that we already had this conversation."

"Well, if the answer is yes- which I already know, I just wanted to hear it from you- What's the paper on about? Something about telekinetic powers?"

He paused for a moment, stringing together a very delicate answer. "All of my children are capable of some sort of psychotic ability, yes. And it is my job to train them, to help them, to heal them. They are a danger to society without me."

The young Holland rolled her eyes at the whole 'I'm here to protect them' speech, because they all knew it was a lie.
"So they all do the same thing? Because Sydney nearly scared me shitless-"
She suddenly stopped, more shocked at her language than the entire situation. She hadn't been herself in a long, long time- and this was proof.

"What I mean to say, is that Syd- or 002, should I say, appeared to me, and me only. A class full of people, with eyes only on me. Is that her power? To make it colder, make my nose bleed, appear in the back of my car without a warning?"

"Sydney, do you say?" The name obviously confused him, as it wasn't handed by the authorities, but rather Syd herself.

"Yes, that is how she introduced herself. So, is it? Is that her power?"

A slight nod tilted Brenner's neck, stiff and rigid. "Sadly, the ability she was gifted with is the weakest we have."

"And what is the most powerful? Full on telekinesis?"

"Yes."

"And have they escaped too? Looked for help within the home of some poor civilian?"

Barb heard a shuffle behind her. Martin wiped his brow.
"It seems so. We've tracked our newest escapee, 011, to the Wheeler household. Will Byers' friend seems to be dealing with that one just fine so far."

The young girl blinked. Perhaps this Eleven had been helping Nancy's younger brother, Mike, too- just like Syd had been helping Barb. Maybe the two imprisoned girls had forged an alliance, both agreeing to help in their own separate ways. Maybe Will was closer than they had originally thought.

"Eleven has told Mike about Will too, hasn't she?"

The authorities in the room spawned a sense of nerve like Barb had never felt before. They seemed nervous about their discovery, so therefore, Barbara pushed on.
"I'm sure that Hopper would be able to do a great deal with this information, don't you think? I'm sure he would love to know that William Byers didn't get lost, but more likely kidnapped."

A new sense of power overtook her, slowly seeing the armour built up crumbling. They were getting weak, scared of the consequences.

"Being a member of the government, doesn't mean you are the government. You have no more power than I. Let me take Will with me, and I will mention none of this to anyone- I swear by it. I simply wondered off, never made it home, slept in the car. I wasn't kidnapped, just like Will, or interrogated. Like I said, none of this ever happened. Unless you want it to have."

Brenner looked back towards his employee, a silenced question transmitting eye to eye. Permission must've been granted, as he looked down to the girl, gestured for Agent Connie Frazier to unlock her handcuffs, and sighed.

With an air of importance, Brenner beckoned Barbara to follow him.