Chapter Ninteen

Dedicated to HalfBlood_of_the_Sea

!-!-?()!('~'/!/!,)':?(!

~Austin's pov

I'm so happy today and nothing could ruin it. Cris seemed to be remembering things and she let me hug her. Yay. I felt like dancing until i couldnt move my legs any more. I guess my happiness was contagious because Max was also smiling.

I was jamming out to some music on Pandora. I turned the music up loud so i didn't hear the door open. I felt someone tap me on my shoulder. I panicked and grabbed their arm flipping them over and pulling their arm behind them. Planning on breaking their arm.

When i realize the intruder was my sister that is. "Oops. Sorry Cris." i turned down the music after i let go of her arm. I looked at her and she looked lost. She looked around the room and stared off into space. Her eyes were clouded over. She snapped out of it and clutched her arm to her chest.

"Im sorry Cris for that you just scared the living shit out of me." i said. "It's ok." she said looking everywhere but at me. I sigh. "What did you need? " i asked curious about why she was here. "Brad told me to come here because he had a meeting? " she asked more then said. I nodded. "Next time knock." i grabbed her wrist and dragged her down stairs to the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" she asked me. I grabbed a ice pack and handed it to her. "Getting ice for your shoulder." i said in a duh voice. "Oh. Thanks." she put the ice pack to her shoulder and winced. "Does it hurt? " i asked concerned. "A little bit but it's bearable." she shrugged her good shoulder. I nodded. I grabbed her hand again and headed to Me and Max' s room.

I closed the door and she stared at it. I walked next to her and sat down. She didn't look away from the door for a little bit longer. She peeled her eyes away from the door and looked at me. Her eyes searched my face for a bit before she looked at the ground.

"You sure you're ok? " i asked. "Yeah." she stood up and walked around the room for a bit. She stopped at the window and looked out. She stood there and stared out at the woods. She started to shake and jerk around like she was being attacked by an invisible force.

She dropped the ice pack and she looked around the room. "Stop leave me alone!" her voice cracked. She was crying. I got up and hurried to her. I started to shake her. "Cris? Cris what's wrong!?" i asked she stared at me and her eyes were glazed over like she wasnt here but somewhere else.

Her eyes cleared and she stared at me. She blinked a few times. Looking around she stopped shaking and calmed down her breathing. "Hey what happen? " i asked. She shook her head no. I pulled her to the bed and sat her down. "Ill be right back with some food. Ok?" i asked she nodded but turned and faced the window.

I hurried out the door and headed to the kitchen. As i grabbed a few snacks i headed upstairs. I was at the bottom of the stairs when there was a crash. Cris screamed and i heard something hit the ground. I dropped everything spilling stuff everywhere and ran to my room.

As i neared the door i smelled blood. I kicked the door opened. To find Cris on the ground bleeding from multiple cuts. I looked around the window and saw it was smashed. I went to Cris and crouched down. I touched her and she whimpered. "Hey its ok. Its me Austin." i said as i turned her over. She looked at me. I held out my hand, and she took it. I pulled her up to her feet and held her close.

I pulled back and took her to the bathroom. I searched for the first aid kit. Cris didnt say anything. I found it and told her to take her shirt off. She was hesitant at first but did it. Wincing from the pain. I opened the kit and got a few things out of it. Bandages, stuff to clean her cuts. Plus a few other things. I took the tweezers and started getting all the glass out.