Chapter Sixteen

~Brad's pov

I heard a noise outside the pack house, so i did what anybody would have done, i went to check it out. I walked outside and saw a figure running in the woods. They came to a stop by the trees and fell to the ground. They were close enough that i could see them. It was Crystal but just to make sure. "Crystal is that you?!" they didn't answer so i started to jog towards her.

She started to crawl away from me. I wrapped my arms around her. She tensed and then said "Please dont hurt me." i automatically let go of her. "Crystal i would never ever hurt you." i said confused that she talked and asked me that. "W- who are y- you? " she stuttered. I looked at her shocked, "i'm Brad. Crazy beta. Amazingly handsome." i said being silly and dramatic.

She laugh at me. "No i don't remember you. Or anyone but my name and age." she said. I pouted "how could you forget me." she laugh at me. "Come on lets go inside." i held out my hand which she toke. I helped her up.

We walked into the house. Everyone was quiet and i notice she was getting uncomfortable. They would walk by us without a second look. Others would stop and do sign language. Which she seemed to know what they were saying. That's good.

I led her to the kitchen. "Hungry cause i am." i asked as i went to the fridge. "Yes." she answered and sat down on the bar stool, which was on the other side of the counter. "Ok ill make you something." i started to grab things from the fridge and pantry, sometimes the cabinets. I took about fifteen minutes before i turned around and handed Crystal a plate of waffles. She ate them in thirty seconds, she must have been extremely hungry.

I chuckle because she inhaled the waffles. She turned and looked at me. "Whats so funny? " she asked. "Nothing." i said and took her dish to the sink. "Liar." i hear her mumbled. "No im not." i pouted. She got up and started to explore.

I was following her. When she reached a room it had absolutely nothing personal in it. But it was her room when she stayed here.Crystal fell to her knees holding her head.

"Crystal?!" i said panicked. I held her close to my chest when she started to cry. "Please leave me alone." she whispered. I looked down at her and notice her eyes were close. "Crystal? " i asked. She didn't even move. After a while she started to scream. "Stop please stop!" she screamed. I wish i knew what she was going on, but i dont. I feel so useless right now.

She was crying hard. The only thing i can do is wait it out. No matter how frustrating it is. Finally she opened her eyes after what seems like years. I was stroking her hair. "B- B- Brad? " she looked genuinely confused. I looked down into her silver eyes. "Yes? " i said. "Never mind." i just nodded. "Are you ok?" i ask.

She looks around before she seemed satisfied. "I dont know. " she whispered. She looked exshasted. "Are you tired?" i ask. "Yes but i dont want to sleep by myself." her voice waivers. I nodded. "What to sleep in my room? " i offered. Her eyes widen with fear before her fear vanished and she nodded.

I scooped her up in my arms and carried her to my room. I placed her on my bed before i sat on the couch. Yes i have a couch in my room its fantastic. I looked at the clock and saw it was only five pm. I sigh before i fell asleep on the couch.

There was a noise outside. I woke up and saw that Crystal was sound asleep. Next i looked at the clock it was three in the morning. I rushed outside the pack house and saw Austin running towards me. "Brad. Thank god your awake but i needed to ask if Alpha Max, Alpha Alex have permission to come on the territory? Because it seems Crystal ran away and we have more maps and resources to find her. " i nodded "Yeah um Austin about that sh-" he cut me off "thanks their on their way right now. "

"Ok but Austin- " he interrupted me again. "They'll be here in half an hour." "Austin i have to t- " he once again cuts me short. "Thanks dude. Shit i have to go get the kids." with that he left. I groaned, i also want to punch him im the face, why of all the times i was interrupted it was right before i could say that Crystal was here and safe? Why is the world so cruel? Playing games like that.