Chapter Eight

Dedicated to ColourfulOpinions my bff and who is jelly of my success jk

And this is what Kat and Austins wolf looks like just that kat's is smaller.

-/————————/@-~.!?,"':()~~-/@_.!?,"':(~~*—@__@//**))(:'',?!..!!?","':()~~*_@

~Austins pov

We have been running for a few days straight, barely outrunning other packs. Some we had to outsmart and others just had to run faster than them. We are all tired but have manage no contact with the packs so we don't endanger others and get sent back to our mates. While we are trying to run from our father.

We ran so fast we are blurs. But we are slowly getting slower as we run. When i hear a thump. I skid to a stop and see that Cris has seemed to have fallen. Kat was walking towards her and whined. We shifted back to our human forms. Cris signed 'Cant go any further.' then she slumped back down to the ground breathing hard. I sigh knowing that i had pushed her to her limits.

I picked her up and started to walk to a secluded area. Before i could walk half a mile four wolves jumped out of the tree line. I put Cris down swiftly and shifted. I stood over Cris protecting her. They tried to move towards us, kat growled at them walking to my left side. The four wolves stood there most likely trying to see what we will do.

A rusty red wolf moved forward a few steps closer to us. I snarled at him making him hesitant. Once he stopped moving i watched him carefully. I realized that he was the beta. I moved so i was standing next to Cris, i nudged her with my nose. When she didn't respond i whimpered making her move slightly. I gave a big wolfish grin and nudged her.

I heard someone clear their throat, i turned around to see that the rusty red wolf was no longer there but a boy with messy hair. He was about 6'2 at most, green eyes with flecks of blue, he had on a plain black shirt and faded ripped blue jeans, and what looked like converse or vans. "Shift rogue." he said firmly.

I looked at kat who slightly nodded an ok. I shifted to my human form and looked at the beta. "What's your name and why are you on our territory? " he asked his eyes showed he was just delaying us till his alpha was here. "I will give no information about us just that we need to pass through your alpha's territory. We would have been gone have not the red wolf had reached its limits." i say trying not to give away anything about us.

A blonde wolf showed up and shifted to a 6'6 tall boy with spiked hair, blue eyes, and well bulit. He had the same outfit as the beta but his jeans were black. The alpha stared at me when his eyes widen and he whispered something to his beta. When he looked back the beta shifted and ran off. The alphas eyes held recognition as if ...

I didnt finish my thought when i relize that Max probably called all the packs to look out for us. Well shit. I kept my face expressionless, not showing that i know what he most likely told his beta. "Follow me." the alpha said. I stood there then shook Cris, when she groaned I told Kat to carry her. Kat looked at me confused, still in wolf form, i put Cris on her back and said "dont shift unless i tell you to. Got it?" she nodded and started to follow the alpha.

As we walked i started picking stuff off the forest floor and picking stuff from bushes or anywhere. It looked like random stuff to the others but to us it is an escape plan. Once i had everything i needed we reached what i assumed is the pack house. The other wolves stared at me curiously since my arms are full of leaves the are crimpled, thin sticks, and some sap i put on a leaf, and a few other things acorns, walnuts, and shells, and green leaves.

Once they showed us our room which had two beds in it. The alpha said "Alpha Max will be here in the morning. To get you three." he nodded then closed the door. Kat shifted and placed Cris in a bed. I started puting everything together. I finished after a few mintues. I lifted it up to eye level and see my make shift pick which should fit the lock of the window. And i made a make shift paper from leaves, and a pen from the sticks. I had to start a mini fire to burn the sticks so they write with ash.

So we didnt leave any finger prints on anything. I wrote on the paper

Sorry we had to leave again but we have to keep moving. Or its the end of everything, the freedom we have, the healing time we had to heal from cuts and bruises, scars and heart ache, everything. But we must keep moving.

  ~the running mates.

I put it on the pillow no one is using and wait for midnight. I know they have gaurds outside 24/7 to watch us intill our mates or just Max come and collect us. So when it was midnight finally i walked very quietly to the locked window. Making sure not to wake Cris and Kat for they need all the rest they can get. I started to pick the lock, since i have done this before i finished within a few seconds, i walked over to Kat and Cris. I shook them lightly so they dont jump and fall out of the bed making a ruckus.

They open their eyes and i pointed to the window so they can leave first. They got out of the bed and walked over, slipping though the window soundlessly. Once i was out i closed the window and we ran like the wind.

~Maxs pov

There was a knock at my door as i stared at the ceiling. I didnt want to be bothered so i didnt answer whoever it is at my door. I hear the damn door open, i looked at the door to see my best friend and beta Jake. "Max we just received a call from Alpha Johnny, of the Mid-moon pack, saying he has your mate and the others at his place." i jumped out of my bed and changed my clothes. Before i raced out of the room to the woods and shifted. I ran full speed towards Alpha Johnnys pack. It was around 4 in the morning when i arrived.

I knocked on the packs door. After a few mintues of waiting, Ske the beta opened the door looking like he just woke up. "Sorry to wake you beta. But i was told my mate is here." i say. Ske looked like he woke up and is wide awake now. "Its ok alpha Max, and yes ill show you where they are." i followed him to a door that was closed and guarded.

I opened the door to find the room empty except the paper on the pillow. I walked over to the note and saw it was leaves put together professionally. I read the note and sigh in defeat. Ill never get my mate at this rate. I sniffed the room to find that all their sents go outside to the window. I followed it to the forest where it disappears. I thanked the beta and went back to my pack.

.!??,"':()~*~'~!)"-:_,@,*"~:*)/?).@',/..)"(:~(*)//!)?:").@"_(*'),~~'*

Happy forever alone day or Valentine's day whatever its forever alone day for me. I hope you like your gift.