Chapter 27.) Through His Eyes

A/N: I'm braindead for filler, so have a broken chapter consisting of multiple scenarios through Sapnap's poor eyes. No angst. Just fluff. Fluff.

Õ̴̢̗̲̻͍͑́̎̈N̸̻̫̪͍̩͌̊̒̉͝Ļ̴̛̥̘̣̙̓̈́̔̒Y̶̝̗̦͇̲͒̇̿̅͠ ̸͓̭͇͎̲́̒͛̽͊F̵̘̮̮̦̱̈́͒͐̈̀Ḻ̸̨̜̬̦́͛̒͊͋Ǘ̶̢̜̖̳̖̀̈́͑͠F̵̢̛̪͉̱̣̈̒̽̐F̴̭̫͈̘̲͆̆͂̄̆

________________________

Sapnap was young, but he was far from oblivious when it came to the hardships of parenthood. He knew there were times where Bad struggled to raise him, struggled to keep him away from things an immature brain shouldn't bear witness to, which made all those times Bad prevailed so much more valuable. So many sacrifices were made to keep him happy and alive, and for those exact reasons, Bad was everything to him.

Every ounce of happiness and love he received, he hoped to return tenfold. He wanted to be the reason his dad smiled every day; so when Skeppy appeared from nowhere and entered the picture, he got his first taste of jealousy.

Over time, his jealousy waned and was replaced with newfound curiosity, but there were a few occasions where Skeppy did something to brighten Bad's day and he silently wished it was him eliciting those happy responses.

Such as when Skeppy gave the older demon his second pair of glasses. Bad was so overjoyed with his somewhat clearer vision that he leaped into the mortal's arms and kissed him. On the lips. Gross.

At first, the sight startled him and he felt the tips of his hair spark in anger, but upon further reflection on how stupid both adults could be, he settled down and buried his face in a random book. It'd be a long while before romantic feelings would be admitted, allowing him to continue living his life without having to address Skeppy as his dad, too.

For some reason, the concept was both cursed and subtly pleasant, but that was definitely the lack of mother/secondary father in his life talking. Definitely.

"You must be really smart, huh?" Skeppy asked with a quizzical smile. His brow, however, was twisted upward in amusement.

"I'm not stupid," Sapnap deadpanned in response.

Skeppy chuckled and shook his head. "I wasn't implying you were, kid. I just think it's impressive how you're able to read an entire page of upside-down text," he said and gestured towards the cover.

Sapnap looked down at the book and scowled. To be fair, he wasn't actually reading it, but he wasn't going to admit to it. Instead, he closed the book and tossed it aside, allowing his attention to lock onto the figure across the room.

Bad paced around the house with a giddy smile, stomping around as if he was traversing through thick mud. An exhilarated chuckle slipped past his parted lips.

According to Skeppy, it took several hours for him to adjust to his first-ever pair of glasses. Sapnap didn't understand why until Skeppy explained the change in perception was slightly jarring, though not everyone experienced the way the 'ground seemed to rise up to meet your feet faster.'

Sapnap summarized: Skeppy sucks at explaining things.

"BlindBoyHalo," Skeppy teased, earning a huff from both demons.

Like father, like son.

"Whatever you say... Beppy," Bad retorted with an amused grin. Skeppy dropped his face into his hands, a mix between a broken cry and a breathless wheeze wracking his body. It reminded him of Dream.