Chapter 25.) Vanilla Fumes

The smell of vanilla breached every corner of the house, and flinging open the door to Skeppy's backyard, BadBoyHalo watched in mild amusement as his mortal companion tumbled out into the grass. Skeppy coughed and waved his hands around, trying to dismiss the dreaded cloud of vanilla that followed him out.

"You were supposed to add one tablespoon, not one cup!" Skeppy choked out as Bad giggled sheepishly to himself.

"Excuse me, I couldn't read the instructions. Bad eyesight, remember?"

"The words 'cup' and 'tablespoon' look nothing alike, you dick!"

"Hey!" Bad yelped and placed a hand over his heart. "They totally look alike when they're blurry and smudged! Not my fault your handwriting sucks... also, language!"

Skeppy rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. His attention slipped past the demon and landed on the interior of his house.

"My house is going to smell like Pillsbury Doughboy's ass for a week," he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. It took an inhuman amount of self-control to stop himself from grinning at Bad's impish giggles. "You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

Calming his leftover titters, Bad shook his head and leaned forward to brush specks of flour from Skeppy's hair. "No, that was an honest mistake, but I don't regret it one bit. Your house smells so good now!"

"It smells like the God of Pastries took a fat shit in my kitchen," Skeppy deadpanned. Bad didn't berate him for his harsh language, instead choosing to double over and laugh away the burning sensation pricking his eyes. After a moment, Skeppy dropped his bitter expression and allowed himself to indulge in the harmonious sound that was Bad's hysterical laughter. It sounded demonic and downright crazed, but it was endearing and sounded so Bad, if that made sense.

Using his sleeves, Bad wiped at the corners of his eyes and ran his flour-covered fingers through his hair. "Love you, too."

"I didn't say anything."

"You didn't have to," Bad chuckled.

In place of letting his heart dictate his movements, Skeppy forced a sigh from his parted lips and muttered a soft, "Whatever you say, BaldBoyHalo."

The demon's giddy expression dropped into the Ninth Circle of Hell. "I am not bald!" He cried and pointed towards his flour-stained locks. "See this? This is hair, grow some sometime!"

"I already have hair and it's gorgeous," Skeppy scoffed with a hand on his hip, the other hand pressed flat against his chest in defiance.

"You are pretty gorgeous."

"Wh- Bad!"

Red-faced, Skeppy watched as the demon threw his head back with a laugh. With a single clap, the demon teased, "What is it, Geppy? Don't like being served a dose of your own medicine?"

"No- no, keep going, you're just inflating my ego at this point."

"Not like it can get any larger."

"Dude, are you flirting with me or roasting me?" Skeppy groaned while pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Roasting, of course." Bad tilted his head and flashed the mortal a toothy grin. "Wanna go check on those muffins?"

"My house is being haunted by the ghosts of Keeblers' elves."

Despite Skeppy's stubbornness, the duo managed to walk back into the house and tend to the oven, though Skeppy was tempted to run out on a few occasions. The overwhelming scent of vanilla was that disorienting. Bad placed the searing pan on the stove whilst Skeppy got comfortable on the couch.