Where Is The Fender?

"I guess we should talk about all this then." She sighed, her head rolling back dramatically on his shoulder and wriggling further into his side.

"I...what? Talk about what?" He stuttered, trying desperately to act though he didn't know what she was talking about.

She shifted onto her side, flinching and hissing a little as her body protested, and looked up at him when she finally relaxed.

"It doesn't seem like we should be waking up together after what we said last night." She said, reaching up and running her fingers through his curls. He grabbed her wrist, stopping her movements. He did not need those feelings starting when she was sick.

"No, it doesn't." He said quietly, not looking in her eyes. He didn't want to have this conversation. He just wanted to live in this little bubble of comforting her when she was sick, then acting like nothing ever happened when they both woke up properly tomorrow.

"What are you thinking?" She asked, bringing her hand away from his face, resting it on his chest, his fingers loosening from her wrist until he was just holding it, gently.

He breathed in. And out.

"Do we have to talk about this now?" He replied. "You're sick, it doesn't count. We decided on -"

"I know." She laughed. He didn't laugh with her, but he did look at her this time. "Look." She said, moving to sit up and face him. He did the same, twisting his body to look at her. "Look. I don't really know what this is going to look like going forward. I know what I said. I also know that everytime I've taken space to figure it out, we end up ...together. And I'm not exactly mad about it when it happens. So I...I don't think we should."

"Don't think we should do what?"

"Have space." She said, and his heart thumped hard against his chest. "I think..." She reached a cautious hand forward, her fingers brushing the back of his hand. "When I woke up and you were here, it made me happy. I think...I have feelings for you."

"You...I mean I half knew that, considering ...the car." He replied. "That wasn't why we...you said you needed time to work out -"

"What I'm saying now, Bradley," She said, shifting a little closer to him. "Is that you were here for me all day even after what I said to you. Even after the whole weekend. So what I'm saying is...I think I like you. Regardless of the stuff. I guess there's something about you that...makes me think I want to be with you more than...not be with you."

He blinked at her.

"Are you...does..." His gaze flicked between her eyes, down to her lips, trying to process what she meant. She smiled.

"I guess we're a thing." She raised an eyebrow as she spoke. Then his smile started spreading across his face. "But I would appreciate not telling anyone just yet."

"Whatever you want." He grinned, launching himself forward, grabbing her by the waist and pushing her back onto the bed, kissing her.

She groaned in pain.

"OH SHIT SORRY!" He yelled, immediately jumping back off her, but she just waved her hand, her face screwed up.

"It's fine. I just need more painkillers." She winced, trying to reach her arm up to the table to grab them. He smacked her hand, leaning over her (carefully) and grabbing them for her.

"Come on, sit up." He pulled her hands, slowly, and gently, watching her hiss and clench her teeth as she let him pull her upright.

Once she was sitting up, he popped out a pill for her and handed it over, before grabbing her glass of water and passing that to her as well. She smiled gratefully, taking the pill and drinking half the glass.