I Think I Like Her

They spend the first part of the morning running back over the song they wrote yesterday, tweaking a few of the lines so that it was less of a bitter ballad and more of a dynamic, love filled relationship. Brad contributed a lot more than he did yesterday. The others were pleasantly surprised at Brad's sudden mood shift, and they quickly came up with a solid melody that the producers could finesse tomorrow.

The good mood continued throughout the day, and they started on the second song in no time. Brad hadn't quite had a conversation with Luka yet, but he watched her over the next few hours. She brought snacks and drinks, just like yesterday, but today, Brad was noticing a bit more. Luka actually smiled a lot, at all of them. She brought the snacks that they loved, in between the healthy meals she made them all; Tris' weirdo Monster Munch, the Aero chocolate that James loved, the spiced nuts that Connor always grabbed at the shop, and Brad's favourite sour cola bottles.

Brad caught her eyes a couple of times as she pottered around the room while they worked, and she always smiled at him. He tried to remember to smile back, but he had obviously become quite used to having a sour face around her. He managed it a couple of times.

When she came to herd them into the kitchen for dinner, he started clearing the table of the trash that they had accumulated.

"Oh, thanks I was just coming to do that." He turned around to see Luka standing in the doorway, her hands on her hips.

"It's no problem, you've done loads today." He replied back. Then he smiled, because he remembered to.

"Hmm."

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing just...you're being strange today. Nice."

"Well...you helped me out. Last night. Realised that...maybe I've been too much of an asshole." He muttered. She looked at him for a few seconds, then smiled a little.

"Come on, dinner's ready." She nodded to the kitchen, and he nodded back and walked towards her. As she was still standing in the doorway, chewing her lip and staring into space, he had to edge round her, which ended up with them being face to face for a split second.

He wasn't sure why she wasn't moving, but he looked at her, his body stilling as their chests brushed. He was staring at her lip, getting chewed again by her top teeth.

Whether it was from the haze of last night, or automatic habits of his own, his thumb immediately went to her bottom lip again, tugging out from underneath her teeth.She inhaled, her chest pressing a little further into his, and he suddenly stepped back.

"Sorry." He muttered.

That was weird, he thought. That was a weird thing for him to do. Again. He wasn't sure why he did it.

He also wasn't sure why his stomach felt so weird.

He quickly moved around her into the kitchen, and joined the guys at the island for dinner. He didn't look up at her again.

After dinner, Luka let them rehearse for another couple of hours, then announced that they've done enough and she was putting a film on.

"Don't we have to get the second song done? We only have the music and two lines of lyrics!" Connor warned.

"You have two songs ready to record tomorrow, then another day of lockdown before final recording on Tuesday. You've also worked solidly the last two days, I think you can use a break." She smiled at them. They weren't going to argue with that.

The instruments and pieces of paper were quickly cleared away, and they started flopping on the sofas. Luka sat on the 3-seater in the centre, right in the middle of the sofa. Tris sat on her left, and Brad debated sitting on the other side, but he wasn't sure if that would be too much after today. He was trying to be less bitter, not her best mate.