[13]

Kipo paced around the lot, huffing, looking around. She paused, rushing to a store and hugging someone. "Hey Wolf!"

"Kipo! Quit scaring me!" Wolf exclaimed, pushing the girl back.

Kipo fell right back on her, purring loudly, "What took you so long?"

"I was lost, duh." Wolf muttered, pushing Kipo off again.

The mute nuzzled her cheek, sighing in relief. "No one saw?"

"No-- Now get off!!"

Kipo picked her up, Wolf giving up, the mute humming proudly. She paused, her ears perking up, the mute pulling Wolf under the shade of the building. A flamingo flew by, landing on a building, examining the area before flying off. "They're doing more patrols..Catching every mute they find too.."

Wolf glanced around, tugging gently on Kipo's sleeve, "Bunny.."

A flamingo screeched, diving after it, capturing it in its claws. The bunny let out squeals, wiggling about, the flamingo tossing it up, catching it in its beak, flying a different way. "The mega bunny will go–"

"She died.."

"She what--"

Wolf looked up, pulling Kipo back a bit more as another Flamingo flew by. "They were guiding her towards the burrow..The dogs uhm.."

Kipo snarled quietly, "They know what they're doing. We have to get to the bottom of this. Come on, let's get to the observatory."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Song shook her head, "That..Bad..That fail.." Song scribbled over the wolf's equation, fixing it. "This.."

They awhed quietly, "That works!"

"Wow!"

"Add two drops!"

The wolves all looked over at the one with goggles, the wolf adding two drops in their glass. It sprung up, creating a geyser of what some assumed was toothpaste. "We're back!" Kipo called out.

The pack looked at the door, Kipo coming in with Wolf. "Anything new?" Billions asked. "Brother, get the projector on."

Bad Billions rushed to the kitchen to bring a ladder, doing his own thing while Kipo got seated. "You come here." Kipo grabbed Wolf's hand.

"Kipo- Cut it out-"

Kipo sat Wolf in her lap, resting her head on her fluffy hair, Wolf pouting in defeat. "Wolf has explained that the mega bunny, has been killed by dogs over the new burrow." Kipo was handed a computer, the mute turning it on, connecting it to the projector which soon turned on. "So I called Molly to check it out."

The camera shuffled, a low growl following it. "Yep. Can smell her blood from here." Molly muttered, the camera zooming in to the field. "And they're still eating her."

Few wolves looked away from the gruesome sight, others recognizing the sight of death and murder. "Molly, do you see any flamingos?"

"Few, they're watching..Like vultures." The camera pointed to Yumyan. "Sir, we need to prepare for battle."

"Hide the young, keep them safe." Kipo muttered. "I'll see you guys in the morning to plan something.."

Yumyan nodded, looking to his right, his back arching. "Kill it now!" Yumyan yowled, the sound of screeching soon following.

Molly yowled in disgust, pointing the camera back to the field, "Right. But the dogs have a taste for blood now, so I fear the worst. Kipo, we'll see you at the first sign of light. Nowhere will be safe for our young if the dogs start hunting."

Kipo nervously hummed, "Right..I-I'll need to call someone before we do. Goodnight Molly, thank you."

The camera was shut off, the projector turning black. "Wolf, I need you to take me to your burrow."

"What-- Right now?-"

"Yes. I need to talk to Lio."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Song was brought along, turns out, Lio and Song made Kipo, and Kipo has parents. "You married..Him?" Kipo drew back in disgust. "You could've done alot better.."

Lio glared at Kipo, sticking his tounge out. "It's late, how'd you even find us?"

Wolf poked her head out from behind Kipo, nervously waving, "Wolf took me, I need to speak to your–"

"Alpha!!" Carlson jumped in to Kipo's grasp.

"Hey- Ah- Carlson--"

The other pups pounced on her, making Kipo fall back and to the floor, the mute hissing as they began to mess with her. Lio whistled, pointing down by his feet, the pups scrambling up and sitting by Lio. "Kids, go get Hoag."

Fifteen minutes took Hoag to get out of his home, then it woke everyone up as they were curious. "No!" Hoag exclaimed. "We're not taking in cats!"

Kipo glared at him, calling out her paw, "I am a cat." Kipo hissed. "This will only be til we've finished the battle." Kipo muttered.

"And if we don't agree?"

"Then I'll happily hold you responsible for endangering cats." Kipo smiled. "Molly wouldn't be happy to hear that a human who has many others declined to care for the kittens. How many humans will she leave alone? One? Two?"

Wolf yawned, Kipo picking her up, Wolf wrapping her legs around Kipo's waist, dozing off. "Are you threatening me.." Hoag muttered.

Kipo paused, then smiled, "I am. And if you humans would like to have a future..Take in the cats. There's only forty, maybe more, but they'll be of no trouble to you. If they are, cuddle. Cats love to cuddle," Kipo pat Wolf's head. "I prove it."

Song hoarsely hummed, putting her hand on Kipo's shoulder, "Cats stay.. Kipo fight..For us.."

"For us?" Few humans uttered.

"A mute?"

"Defending humans?"

Kipo kissed Wolf's head, Lio taking her from Kipo, the mute calling out her other paw. "Thank you for caring for the pups Lio, but I have to ask for you to care for them longer.."

"It's alright, pups, bed time." Lio turned, walking past the humans.

The pups followed him, Kipo looking up at Song. "Mother, I have to ask you to stay. You are no longer a mute, you need to rest and heal."

"..You smart..I..Know.." Song pointed to Kipo. "Got this.."

"Hm..Take care of Wolf yeah?" Kipo looked out in to the crowd. "David, let's go."

Benson rose a brow, "He's my buddy, wherever he goes I go too."

"Then if you wish to die, you could've done so yourself several times. But you can't reincarnate can you?" Kipo picked up the bug with her paw, batting him in between them. "David will accompany me for the time being."

Dave's voice was warbled as he tried to get Kipo to stop, whining as he couldn't do much. "He better come back." Benson muttered.

"Not to fret, he'll be back. And if my idea becomes a working plan, he'll be a toddler when he returns." Kipo threw him up, her tail catching him. "I'll see you humans in the morning."

The crowd muttered amongst one another, growing nervous. Hoag wouldn't kill the burrow off, would he?

                 To be continued.