[17]

When Wolf woke up, she was no longer in the tree, she was picked up and carried around. "Morning." Kipo spoke softly. "If you're wondering where we're at, you're right to ask. I have moved you and began our travel to my aunt's."

"Oh..?"

"Mm." Kipo agreed.

"Why didn't you wake me earlier..?"

Kipo hesitated answering, "..You were just too cute-- I couldn't wake up such a cutie-"

Wolf nodded slowly, looking around, "Kipo..?"

"Yes Pup?" The mute stepped over a log, her tail moving aside a bush.

"..I'm kind of hungry.."

Kipo slowed, her tail reaching in to her bag, shuffling around it. Then it pulled out a sandwich, offering it to Wolf, "There's more in my bag, help yourself to more, don't hesitate." Kipo continued her original pace. "Also I'm not putting you down, I have grown used to your weight, you're mine, and I wish to hold you longer."

Wolf took a second to process that before she shrugged, removing the plastic from her sandwich. "Did you sleep enough?" Wolf asked, taking a bite of her breakfast.

"No, I didn't." Kipo answered. "Scouts were out after you fell asleep, kept landing around us. But no matter, I managed to get us far."

Wolf paused, now feeling Kipo's limp, pushing herself away from the mute. "Kipo let go--"

"No, you'll ask me to take a break. We have no time for that." Kipo called out her paw, keeping Wolf close.

"Kipo! Let go!!"

"Pup."

"Kipo."

"Wolf."

"Drop. Now."

Kipo paused, stopping, "I wish not to drop you off the cliff.."

Wolf turned her head, "Drop me."

"No."

"Kipo, drop me."

The mute stepped back, kicking back the dirt slightly, her paws coming out. The jaguar pounced, landing on the other side, "No."

"Kipo you're injured!"

"I'm aware." Kipo continued walking. "But Wolf, stay calm. You moving too much will make me loose my balance and I will injure myself further."

Wolf hesitated, Kipo was right. Too much re-footing would eventually lead to unbalance. "..." Wolf laid her head on Kipo's shoulder, gripping her shirt.

"Thank you Pup, it's just a few more minutes.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

So..They..They got swallowed by..Uh- Boars. Giant boars. When they were spit out, Kipo kept herself over Wolf, only to make sure she was fine and could recover from the fall. "Mm.." Wolf tensed up.

"There we go.." Kipo crawled around her. "Nice to see you're alright..I'll bandage you up right now, but stay under me okay..?"

Wolf wiped her face, her hand being half smeared with blood and saliva. Wolf sat up a bit too fast, feeling her headache worsen. "No." Kipo pushed Wolf back down, getting over her. "Don't do that."

The boars snarled, Kipo snarling right back. They jerked back, nearing Kipo, sniffing her out. Kipo kept calm, they weren't initiating a fight, they just want to know who she is. "Gnnrkkkt."

Kipo perked up, "Yes that's me.."

The red boar knelt down, oinking quietly, then ate them.

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Nngh.." Wolf tensed up, hissing in pain as her arm ached.

"Hey now," Kipo pushed her back down gently. "No need to push yourself Dear..I know you're hurt, far more than I am..Relax Wolf.."

The human groaned, kicking at the floor as the adrenaline rush ended. "Kipo..--"

"I know, I know Wolfie." Kipo took her hand, hushing the human, kissing her forehead. "It's alright, it's going to be alright Wolf.."

"Ugh I haven't felt pain like this since I fought a deathstalker-" Wolf spoke through gritted teeth.

Kipo moved Wolf's hair back, "Did you heal okay?"

"I think so.." Wolf gripped the blanket that was cushioning the floor under her. "What happened.."

"Well. We were eaten. And during that, the beast that nearly ate us was attacked. He couldn't control what happened in his mouth, so his first thought was to spit us both out." Kipo began. "You hit a stone wall, and I hit a tree. You fell unconscious, I did not, so I fought the flamingo. Suffice to say, you didn't wake up for quite some time and I have another body to add to my count."

Wolf paused, then nodded slowly, "So how long was I out..?"

"A day. Entire day. Twenty four hours, thirty minutes. I was very worried, I thought you died." Kipo lied down by Wolf, curling up around her slightly. "But I'm glad you're alright, and I would like you to meet my aunts when you feel better."

The girl sighed quietly, "Alright..Just don't do something I wouldn't do.."

Kipo took a second to process her words, then got up, "No no no no, I would totally do that, Kipo, come back."

The mute snickered, lying back down by Wolf, gently moving her hair back, "I'll wake you up later to eat and drink Wolf, and I'm sorry I got you in to this mess.."

"I was on my own with no one around Kipo, this is surprisingly much easier than being alone again." Wolf hummed nervously as she felt the injury on her arm bleed slightly.

Kipo's tail brushed along it, carefully rubbing around the wounded area, "It would help if you don't focus on it when it hurts Wolf. I'll do what I can to make sure it heals properly. I don't want you to scar."

Wolf nodded slowly, exhaling shakily, "Yep, feel like passing out now--"

"You just rest, I'll protect you. For as long as I can," Kipo sighed quietly. "Til my very last breath."

                 To be continued.