[12 part 2]

The Newton Wolves knew Kipo would most likely not be back tonight, so they got the human to the observatory and fed her, let her shower, then let her rest. But the human didn't rest for long, she awoke in the middle of dinner with a white board and a marker.

Good Billions hushed everyone up, adjusting his glasses, "Kipo's mother, please do write."

She let out a small hum, flipping the board over, and writing on it. She turned it, Bad Billions squinting to read, "I am sorry for leaving her." He read.

The human flipped the board, erased, wrote, and turned. "But I knew you wouldn't hurt her–" Good Billions squinted, the writing getting smaller. "Since she cried like a pup."

"Yes, we felt remorse for Kipo." Bad Billions muttered.

Flip, erase, write, switch. "I regret what I did. I'm sorry."

The wolves spoke amongst one another, many being a bit ticked off as the mega monkey was a human who abandoned a four year old. "We don't forgive you, human." Bad Billions barked. "We were at war, a kitten is the last thing we could worry about."

"Kipo may be in our pack now, but she was as good as dead when you left her." Good Billions snarled.

The human drew back, trembling, "I.." She cleared her parched throat. "I..I know...W..What I..Did.." She hummed quietly. "Was...W..Wrong.."

"It was absurd."

"Stupid."

"Irresponsible."

She teared up, glancing down at the board, "Kipo..Mine..But..S..She..Stay with..Y..ou.."

"Stay? With us?" The twins said in unison.

"Kipo..Like you..Kipo..H..Hate me.."

"Who wouldn't? A mother who leaves their child in the hands of a pack of wolves?" Good Billions snarled.

Bad Billions rose from his chair. "Kipo may like us, but she needs you. By dawn, we expect you to be out. Gaining your daughters trust. Out!"

She wrote roughly on the board, hitting it and stomping out. "I'm going out to find her now. Don't shout at me or you're meat. –Song" The wolf read.

Good Billions sighed. "Someone go after her.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Kipo skipped the rock, said rock having cracked when she released it. Kipo hissed, her tail making a quick swipe, "What do you want." Kipo snarled, looking back.

"I..Apol..gize.." Song said hoarsely. "I.. Regret.."

Kipo glared at the human. "Regret. It's a feeling to show we feel bad about our mistakes. Is that what I was to you?" Kipo choked out, slumping forward. "A mistake? Was I too hard to care for–?"

Song drew back, "S..eak..H-Hard.." Song felt her throat. "You..not..Re..gret to.." She pointed to herself.

"Leaving me with the wolves was possibly your best decision– I've never been happier–" Kipo waved her hand. "They care about me– Hicc– A-And they respect me– Feed me every night–" Kipo wiped her face. "And they cared for me when you decided I wasn't fit to stay with you–"

Song walked over, Kipo wanting to back up, but she hated water, it was too cold for it tonight. "S-Stop–"

"Kipo.." Song said hoarsely.

"S-Stop making me feel bad– For your deeds--"

Song hugged Kipo, rubbing her back, shushing her. Kipo wanted so badly to hit Song, but it felt wrong, she felt weak. "I love you Kipo.." Song said softly. "You're not a mistake, you're my work of art, and I hope you never change."

Kipo hiccuped, burrying her face in Song's shoulder, gripping the back of her shirt. Weak..Kipo felt so very weak..She hated it..But she didn't want this to stop..She never did..

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Good Billions checked off the final wolf, patting his head, "No fleas. Good to go."

He yipped, leaving the room, heading to his own. "Taking final check ins?"

Bad Billions looked back, "Welcome home alpha."

Good Billions took a glance, "And to you. Human." He snarled.

"Hi.." Song waved.

Kipo nudged her gently, "My room is down the hall, has my name on it. You're free to rest for now, I have to go out real quick."

Song nodded, walking down the hall, Good Billions adjusting his glasses. "I wish to know why you brought her back."

"She's my mom and.." Kipo took a small breath. "She apologized.."

                   To be continued.