Chapter 29

"I can't believe you failed to kill a mere boy! Can't you do your job right?!" Thanachit was screaming in his car, calling the person who was supposedly taking the task of killing Copter, which apparently, the guy failed.

"What are you talking about? How dare you yell at me?!" The person at the other end of the line was screaming back at Thanachit.

"Of course I could! You said you killed that boy! So, why the hell is he appearing in my board's meeting?!" obviously the other guy was shocked to hear that piece of news, which was supposedly an old news.

"What are you talking about? We did killed him, remember?" Thanachit was laughing to that. "Yeah, we thought, but he appeared before me safe and sound. You better fix this, or maybe you should have proper reason to answer the boss. He should already know considering how he had a spy in my company. Just prepare yourself."

Thanachit could hear a few swear words from the other guy before he cut the call shorts. As soon as he gets off work, he called 'his friend' right away telling him about Copter, supposedly dead Copter who was walking in smiling into his meeting room that morning.

He felt the urge to punish every board members who had supporting the boy. He never thought all the other board members were all up against him. The good thing was he still could retain his management rights, but, even that position he felt threatened just by that boy's existence.

Maybe because he could feel his late father's aura was still around, and the fact that his late father was the one trying to put the boy into the company's management may have make the board members supported him. He felt threatened just by that fact only. But he will make sure that the boy's inability of running a company will come to surface very soon. Those old geezers will soon realized the mistakes of their decision. He knows they will.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Where are you coming from? It's late, and you get off work early." Vanida just scoffs at the endless questioning by her husband. "As if you don't know where I was coming from. What's with the string of questions coming from your mouth?"

"I told you, that you should prepare a proper reports just in case that brat was asking about it tomorrow. Your department had using so many capital in the name of marketing, but at least you need to give some effort of covering that useless usage instead of effort of spending the money to that gigolo of yours."

Hearing the words gigolo utter by her husband, Vanida turns to Thanachit, while glaring at him. "Don't make me the bad person here, Than. You have mistresses around and also your gambling habit. And whose fault is this in the first place? You promise to get rid of that boy, but look at him walking into the room all smiling, I feel like I could tear him into pieces."

"Shut the hell up! Don't let the boys hear you." Vanida was laughing her heart out. "I wonder if the boys didn't know yet about any of your scheme, Than. You were protecting them from all the bad things you did, but in the end, you are going to let them live in the streets with all your scheme. How irony is that, hmm?"

"I have my plans for my kids. You don't have to know everything. But know this, Vanida, you were not included. Don't blame me for everything, when you decided to fool me in the first place. Remember the reason why you get married to me? I was wrong when I thought you were sincere to them. Care for them. We fucked up, yes. But I won't let you mess with my sons ever again. I know what I did, and if you cross the line, trust me, I won't hesitate even a moment to destroy you. Know your place, woman."

Thanachit left dumbfounded Vanida, which makes Vanida turns furious seconds later. When Tae was in high school, after years of pretending, her lies was unrevealed when Thanachit had canceled one of his work travel due to the emergency cancellation. Not only that she pretended to care for the boys, she even had an affair all this time, makes Thanachit felt so foolish, and betrayed.

After his first wife died, leaving him with his two sons, he felt lost. He didn't know what to do, and he just felt lost. He was drown in his sorrow and gambling had help him forget about his sorrowful in a moment, so he was drown in it. Still, he thought about his two sons, the only treasures his wife left behind.

He just wanted someone who would care for his sons and that's why he married Vanida, and he thought that woman was seriously sincerely loving his two sons. He tried his best, at least, in his definitions, to care and love for his family, but he was just lost his way too much, that he succumb himself to gambling, feeling addicted to it, trying to fill in the blankness in his heart. He was stray too much from his own way, which cost him everything.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Master Tae." Tae had just came back to his mansion from Godt's place, after those hard conversation he had with Copter. Upon seeing him enter the mansion late that night, Auntie Jingjoo had come to him with her unreadable expression. Was it anxious? He couldn't ponder on it too much when his head in a mess.

Copter's last question was stuck in his mind, that he couldn't focused how Auntie Jingjoo's teary eyes staring at him. "I heard weird rumor today. Is it true that Mr. Copter came back? Was he for real?" Hearing the question, Tae was turning fast to Auntie Jingjoo, looking at her wrinkled face, full of worry and anxious.

"How do you know that?" Instead of answering, Tae was asking her back. "Rumors like that was faster circling the company. Once it get spread in the company, it just a matter of time it got spread to the main house, and of course, it will reach us in no time. We might just maid working for you and your family, but there were so much we knew, Master Tae. More than you expected. But sometimes, of course it just a rumor, but most of the times it was all true. So, is it true? So, Mr. Copter wasn't dead?"

It was quite a shocking discovering for Tae. Still, he was slowly nodding his head which Auntie Jingjoo was shocked and relieved at the same time. She was covering her mouth and almost stumble down, making Tae's shocked and was trying to help, but luckily he stumble upon an arm of one of the couch, since they were standing not far from it.

"Thank goodness. Oh my. Thank goodness. I was so sad he had to die just like that. Oh, thank goodness. So, will he come back here?" Auntie Jingjoo was keep asking Tae, that he couldn't avoid but to answer the older woman. Somehow, he always thought that woman have been like a mother to Copter all these times living here. So, of course, she had every right to know about Copter.

"He said he will come back tomorrow. He missed you and everyone." Auntie Jingjoo who already had shed tears of happiness was nodding her head to that. "Okay. Okay. That's good enough, as long as he is okay. We will prepare dinner of his favorite tomorrow. Good night Master Tae. Please had a proper rest. Everything will be okay."

Auntie Jingjoo was waii to him and leaving him while wiping her tears. Tae had watched retreating back of Auntie Jingjoo for a while, while taking in deep breath. Now that auntie Jingjoo had left, the question Copter throws at him before he came back to this mansion came back to him.

Once already in his room, he plonk himself down on the bed still thinking things. 'Is he still loves Tee?' is that even a question? He could never forget the guy, no matter how much it hurts. In fact, because of how much he loves the guy that it hurt so much he couldn't cope.

He hopes the guy never stop trying to ask for his forgiveness. But he didn't receive any message from the guy for months already now. Even when he tried to push down his ego, and tried to call him, the number couldn't be connected.

Was he change his number already? So, in the end Tee had given him up. He bitterly laugh to that. And therefore, he couldn't answer Copter, afraid they would see him so pathetic, just like how he felt thinking about his own feelings. And that, while being Copter's husband too.

In fact, he was trying to redeem his mistakes to Copter. To do things he supposed to do with Copter. But when his intention got cut off by Kimmon earlier that night, he was kind of frustrated. He don't understand himself too, but he didn't like how Kimmon treated Copter throughout the dinner. He tend to Copter's in every single thing, treating the guy like a fragile things. He wanted to do the same too, to redeem himself. Or, was he jealous? No way, right?

End of Chapter 29