Chapter 19

Copter was silent, again, through the whole way to their destination. After telling him he was a dead man, Knock wouldn't tell him anything else. He was crying silently the whole way to where they are heading, and that even he didn't know where. This guy didn't want to tell him anything, it frustrates him to the core. He thought about leaving, or running away from this guys, but he was afraid those bad guys will find him and killed him for real, instead of him being declared dead.

He didn't know why all this things happened to him in the first place. This was all too much to take, and he wasn't sure if he was strong enough to face all of this. All he ever wish for is to have a simple life. He wasn't someone with a big dreams or anything. He never thought about being rich or anything, but why would all this things happening to him?

Thinking back, his fate was getting complicated after he met his grandfather-in-law. It was one day when he met the old man in a charity event held in his orphanage. He and Bas was the eldest and he only have a few more months left before he must have to leave the orphanage. He had helped the event together with Bas. They were so busy that day, and his late grandfather-in-law was one of the VIP in the event.

Everything went well, and the event was still ongoing when he needs to go to the washroom. He took one at the back so that he could have a time of peace for himself for a little bit. But once reaching there, he saw an old man crouching on the floor, holding his heart, and he looks so painful. Copter was rushing to the guy and asking what happened.

Didn't really have any idea of what to do, Copter was about to ask for some help when the old man pulled him back, telling him nobody could know about all this. The old man ask him to look for medicine in his pants pocket, and help him take two pills of it.

Copter than helped the old man standing up and brought him to one of the dorms in the orphanage to have a proper rest. Once the old man was calm enough, and the pain was slowly subsided, the old man starts talking.

"Thank you young man for helping me. What is your name?" Copter who was sitting on the different bed, facing the old man who was smiling, and he was relieved too that the old man looks okay now.

"Copter, sir." The old man was nodding his head. "Are you a staff here, or one of the volunteer?"

"I live here sir. In a few months I will turn 18, so I have to leave this place. Thank you for helping us a lot with your donation."

Hearing Copter, the old man was frowning. He never thought the guy was one of the orphan living here.

"Do you have any plan for it?" Copter was smiling to it and at the same time shaking his head.

"Not really. Right now, we were still looking for any job we could find, here or online."

"We? You are not alone?"

"Oh, no. I have a friend who was like a brother to me. We are going to leave the orphanage together. Do you need anything else, sir?"

"No, don't worry about it. Do you need my help? I can....." hearing the offer, Copter was shaking his head and even using his hands refusing the old man's offered.

"No, no....I'm okay. We are okay. We only have a high school diploma. We didn't deserve that kind of help from a VIP person like you, sir. We will be fine, don't worry. And thank you for the offer, sir. I really appreciate it."

The old man just nodding his head and he was standing up right away. "Okay, then. Thank you for your help, and please don't tell anyone about what just happened. I wish you and your friend all the best."

The old man then patted on Copter's shoulder and make his way out of the dorm, heading to the space where the event took place. Copter was breath out a relieved sigh when he saw the old man was fine. He was so panicked earlier, and he never wished for anything to happen to the old man. They were the one who had always donate to the orphanage anyway.