bonus chapter: twenty-one

HELLO HELLO LOVELIES! we'll look who just can't help themselves and had to come back for one more chapter✨

i've missed writing for y'all weekly so much, it breaks my little heart to be away for so long. but worry not, a new book is currently in the works and will be released SOON!

if y'all don't already, please follow me on tiktok @theprxntisstrials so get notified when the book finally drops😉

anyway! enough of me rambling and enjoy the actual final chapter of this book💋

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: minimal swearing, mentions of drinking
word count: 3410

Emily: Mother's Day is sacred because life is sacred. We owe that breath of life to our mothers. Their sacrifices allow us this extraordinary experience." Richelle E. Goodrich.

Six years later

The two Hotchner boys carefully made their way up the stairs as they tried to sneak into the bedroom where Emily was. The raven-haired woman was still asleep when they walked in. Aaron and his son, Daniel, both set down the plates as quietly as they could before making their way to Emily. The woman shuffled slightly in her sleep causing both of them to freeze in place. Aaron held out his arms for his son before picking him up. The two of them each spread out an arm before falling forward.

"Attack!" Daniel yelled as they both landed right on top of Emily. The once sleeping mother and wife was now fully awake with heavy weight on her. She let out a puff of air as she looked down at the two sets of brown eyes that stared up at her. "Good morning, mom!"

"Oh my goodness. Good morning buddy," Emily said and pulled her son into her embrace with one arm. The raven-haired woman looked over at her husband and squinted her eyes. "Mmm, good morning to you too."

Emily leaned forward and happily kissed Aaron. Her hand snaked around to the back of the man's head as he smiled against her lips. Right when they were about to kiss again, a particular little hand came down onto Hotch's face.

"My turn," Daniel said and cradled Emily's head in his tiny arms. Emily laughed as she felt her son leave tiny sloppy kisses all around her forehead.

"You've got to tell me, buddy. What were you and daddy up to that you needed to wake me up," Emily asked and pulled her head back to look at her son. A big smile formed on his face as Aaron stood up and grabbed the tray that they had brought in.

"Happy Mother's Day!" Daniel shouted and tackled Emily in a hug. The raven-haired woman looked up at her husband who wore a proud smile on his face. "Me and Dad made your favorites."

"Your special chocolate chip banana waffles?" Emily asked as her jaw hung open. Aaron smiled as he set the tray down in front of Emily. Along with the waffles, Emily also noticed the bacon and orange that was lazily peeled by her son.

"You've got to share because sharing," Aaron said and gestured towards his son.

"Is caring," Daniel said and nodded his head fast at his mother. Emily chuckled as she carefully made her way in the middle of the bed and patted the spot next to her for Aaron. The second the man sat down he sighed heavily.

"Danny, buddy, I forgot the jug of juice and the cups downstairs. Can you get that for me?" Aaron asked over at the mini version of him. Daniel nodded his head fast before racing out of the room. Emily was about to say something when Aaron grabbed her by the side of her neck and turned her head towards him. "Now that we have a second."