four

hey besties! i've missed all of you very very much. i'm struggling since all i want to do is come on here and write🙂

anyways, my summer semester should be ending by the end of next month, meaning until late august i'm going to be free to do daily updates once again. but! i make no promises🤩

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: minimal swearing, mentions of injuries
word count: 3604

Spencer: "With deep hurt comes empathy." Vineet Raj Kapoor.

Aaron had made it to the park. He was stretching his legs when he felt eyes on him.

"I knew I'd find you here!" Emily shouted from behind him. The man turned around and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Hey. What are you doing? I thought you'd still be at the airport," Aaron said and turned around.

"I knew you and the rest of the team missed me too much. So, I came back a little early," Emily said and smiled widely. Aaron didn't hesitate to walk up to the woman and embrace her in a hug. Emily squealed as Aaron picked her up. "I know you missed me the most."

"I did miss you. Even if it was only for two days," Aaron said and smiled as he set her down. The two reached for the other's hands. They were a little too close for normal friend boundaries.

"And I'll be nice. The loser of this race gets to buy breakfast," Emily said and wiggled her shoulders. Aaron nodded his head.

"Alright," Aaron said and furrowed his eyebrows. "Let's do it."

Emily and Aaron both stretched their legs for a few minutes before they lined up at their starting point. Both mentally counted to three before they took off. Emily and Aaron were pretty much neck and neck with each other. The raven-haired woman had stuck to the outside as Aaron slowly gained a greater distance of a lead.

After the first lap, Emily was still behind. Aaron looked over his shoulder and saw the woman now gaining on him. He looked ahead and saw the finish line approaching."I've got you beat!" Aaron yelled and smiled widely.

"Screw you, Hotch! I thought you'd be nice to me since I've been gone!" Emily shouted and tried her hardest to catch up with Aaron. The man chuckled as they were almost there.

"Sorry!" Aaron yelled over his shoulder.

"Shit!" Emily yelled as she stopped. Aaron heard the yell loud and clear and stopped. He turned back to see Emily clutching her ankle.

"What happened?" Aaron asked as he ran back to her. He knelt down on the ground right next to Emily. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine," Emily said and tried to put pressure on it. Her face scrunched up in pain.

"You're not putting your weight on this," Aaron said and looked at Emily's tinted red ankle.

"I have to what are you—"

"Okay, come on," Aaron said and adjusted himself. Emily was about to raise an eyebrow when he lifted Emily into his arms. The raven-haired woman held onto his neck for dear life.

"Aaron!" Emily shouted as she clung to him. He adjusted the woman who was bridal style in his arms. "I can walk. Well, I can limp."

"Yeah, right," Aaron said and chuckled. "We're getting you home. You're not putting any weight on your ankle."

"But—"

"You really want to argue right now?" Aaron asked and raised his eyebrows as he walked him and Emily towards his car. The woman was so painfully close to him that she almost missed the question. "That's what I thought. Luckily for you, it's Sunday, so we don't have to go to work."