seventeen

hello lovelies! oh my goodness this has been the longest week ever😩

i hope y'all are doing well. college is kicking salem's ass as usual. but! i always manage to push out chapters for all of you🥰

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: smut! NSFW, 18+, swearing, mentions of alcohol consumption
word count: 3684

Aaron: "I bet we look great from above, lit by stars, in love." Caroline Kepnes.

Emily stepped out of the elevator and while putting her earrings on. The woman was dressed in a tight white dress with matching heels.

"Denise, do you think this is too much?" Emily asked as she finally looked up. Aaron stood there, bouquet of red roses in hand. His eyes slowly took in every single detail of Emily. She smiled shyly as she practically ran up to him. He managed to set down the flowers on Denise's desk before catching Emily in his arms. The two of them smiled widely before leaning in and kissing the other. Aaron held onto Emily tighter as he kissed her.

"I'm still right here," Denise said and cleared her throat. The two of them pulled away from each other. Emily was now proudly attached to Aaron. The raven-haired woman's head rested perfectly on his shoulder. "Well, I do have to say that the two of you make a fine couple."

"Thank you, Denise," Aaron said and smiled softly at the woman. Aaron finally handed Emily the bouquet of roses.

"I just need to go grab my purse," Emily said and held onto the man's hand. They both waved off Denise as they made their way up to Emily's apartment. The second they got into the elevator, Emily leaned right up against Aaron. Her hands ran down the man's face. Emily smiled widely as she looked at the incoming beard. "I'm glad you listened to me about letting it grow out."

"I figured I needed a change now that I'm your boyfriend," Aaron said and smiled softly. Emily raised her eyebrows.

"My boyfriend? I don't think we've made it official yet," Emily said jokingly as she tilted her head to the side. Aaron leaned his forehead right against Emily's.

"I want to ask you in a little bit more of a romantic way. An elevator doesn't seem like it's the right place," Aaron said and leaned over, kissing Emily's cheek sweetly. The elevator stopped and the couple had stepped out.

It was refreshing now that the two of them didn't have to worry about Andrew anymore. Aaron was more than happy to finally be able to hold Emily's hand out in public. Also, to kiss her whenever he pleased. The man already felt lighter on his feet.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Andrew hasn't stopped calling, huh?" Aaron asked and stuffed his hands into his pockets. Emily hummed as she walked into her bedroom. Aaron clenched his jaw slightly.

Well, they were almost free. Andrew had been calling Emily everyday, five times a day. It got to the point where Emily's voice message box was full on her landline. The woman had blocked his number on her cellphone the second she ended things a week ago.

"I can see the idea in your head and no," Emily said as she walked out. She leaned against the wall in her apartment and just looked at Aaron. He looked a lot different than when she had first met him. He stood there confidently in his grey suit, new haircut, and newly forming beard.

"He's not your boyfriend anymore. He doesn't have the right to keep harassing you. And if I just answer to scare him, maybe it'll make him go away," Aaron said and gestured towards Emily's landline. Emily smirked as she walked up to Aaron. She pulled him down by his tie for a kiss. The man's mind instantly went blank as Emily wrapped her arms around him. He held onto her by her hips as they kissed.