fifteen

only five more chapters y'all🤩

and i already have a new book idea for y'all that's been a goal of mine to do🥰

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: mentions of physical assault, gun violence, minimal swearing, cheating!
word count: 3262

Derek: "Don't let two men fall in love with you, girls. It's not the sort of thing that ends well." Ally Carter.

"Emily!" Derek yelled as the woman made her way towards the house. He ran after her and stood right in front of Emily. "What the hell are you doing?"

"We need a distraction," Emily said and tried to move around Derek. The man held onto her shoulders.

"Emily. You are not going inside that house," Derek said and looked over her shoulder. Hotch pulled in behind them, the man stepped out of his car with his eyebrows furrowed. "Hotch! Knock some sense into Emily. She wants to go into that house."

"Hotch, we need a distraction. The school nurse is in there. We need to get into that house," Emily said and gestured towards the door. "There's a kid in the house."

"No," Aaron said simply. Emily's lips parted as she looked back and forth between the two men. "We can find another way to get in."

"You can," Emily said and took off her gun. "I'm going in."

"Emily," Aaron said and grabbed onto Emily's wrist. Derek's eyes went down to the gesture. His eyebrows raised. "Think about this for a second."

"Aaron, there's a woman in that house that needs our help. I'm not going to stand here and watch as she gets murdered with a kid sitting in the living room," Emily said and locked eyes with Hotch. The man clenched his jaw slightly. "It's your choice. But I'm going in."

Aaron sighed slightly and gestured his head to the car. The woman tucked the gun she was holding in her pants behind her back. Hotch grabbed an ear piece for the woman and a device for her to signal with.

"Get in and out of there as soon as you have a probable cause," Aaron said and handed the gear to Emily. The woman gulped slightly and nodded her head. He took one good look at Emily as she walked towards the house.

"Do you think this is a good idea?" Derek said and placed his hands on his hips. Aaron clenched his jaw slightly.

"No, but would you like to stop the woman with gun in her pants?" Aaron asked and looked over at Derek. The two men shook their heads before making their way towards the entrance of the house.

Emily had successfully made it inside the house. The eight year old boy was very trustful of Emily almost immediately. He watched as she turned to the door where his dad was and drew the gun from behind her back.

Emily busted through the door and was immediately hit over the head by a plank the man had in his hand. The woman's body fell back as she instantly passed out from the hit.

"Emily?" Aaron said into his vest. The woman didn't answer. Aaron's heart started to race after the long silence. He couldn't stand one more second of this.

"Hotch?" Derek said into his vest.

"There's something wrong. Go, Morgan, go," Aaron said and drew his gun. The man didn't hesitate to kick down the door and find Emily. Within a matter of seconds, the entire house filled with different agents and police officers.

Hotch kicked down the door to the basement. Emily was on the floor with the man pointing his gun to her. "Drop it. Don't even think about it."

The man clenched his jaw as he did what he was told. Aaron kicked the gun over to Derek. The man handcuffed the unsub while Aaron knelt down to Emily.