nine

i am absolutely exhausted from this finals week! but my final opens up tonight so salem will be studying, cleaning and crying all day🥲

also this isn't proofread so please ignore any errors in this chapter. i can't be bothered to read through this again😭

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, mentions of cheating, NSFW!, 18+, oral sex
word count: 3611

Emily: "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain.

Emily was sat at her desk with her head in her hand. She had dozed off halfway through one of her files. The two male agents both noticed and schemed up a plan. Derek got up and walked towards the coffee pot. Right when Emily didn't expect anything. He carefully walked up behind her and roughly grabbed her shoulders. Emily jumped at the sudden contact and turned, hitting Morgan straight in the stomach. The man let out a puff of air as he clutched his stomach.

"Asshole! Don't do that!" Emily shouted as a large smile took over her face. Seeing Derek in pain made the woman chuckle.

"I told you to run after you did it!" Spencer said and smacked his hand right against his forehead. Derek scrunched up his face as he glared up at Spencer.

"You do it next time then!" Derek said and made his way towards his desk.

"Spencer knows better. Right, Reid?" Emily asked and tilted her head towards the younger man. He gulped and nodded his head fast.

"C'mon Reid!" Derek said and shook his head.

"Are you forgetting that Emily knows where I live? And that she has access to hair spray and a lighter. That can easily set my entire apartment building on fire! And Emily is scary when she's mad," Spencer said and gestured towards the smirking woman.

"Good morning," Aaron said towards the three agents as he walked through the doors of the bullpen. Emily's attention immediately turned towards the man. His eyes were already fixed on Emily. "Can I talk to you really quick?"

"Yeah," Emily said and stood up, following after the man up to his office. The second that she walked in, he shut the door behind her.

"What is it that you want?" Aaron asked and stuffed his hands in his pockets. The raven-haired woman was taken back slightly by the question. She furrowed her eyebrows as Aaron kept his eyes down on the floor.

"What do you mean?" Emily asked and tilted her head slightly.

"Did you tell Andrew?" Aaron asked softly and finally locked eyes with Emily.

"I—I couldn't. I'm sorry. I just, he's been trying and I—I just couldn't right there," Emily said and ran a hand down her face. "I'm sorry, but I'm going to need a little more time to work up the courage to tell him. It's not fair to you, I know that. And it definitely isn't fair to him."

"Emily, I don't like having to sneak around to be able to talk to you," Aaron said and reached a hand out for Emily. The woman quickly took his hand as they got closer to the other. "I thought about what you said the last time we were here. I thought about how it can ruin our reputations. And I needed to talk to you about it."

"Okay?" Emily said as Aaron's hands held onto Emily protectively.

"I think, we should remain professional when we're here. Just so nobody raises suspicion and runs to tell Andrew, or worse, Strauss," Aaron said jokingly. Emily chuckled slightly as she shook her head. "We can just, go back to how it was before. But now with the newest terms."