eight

good morninggggg besties! it's been a long week but! i'm glad the weekend is finally here🥰

to everyone new here from tiktok, welcome✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, mentions of cheating! NSFW suggested, hallucinations, mentions of drinking
word count: 3450

Spencer: "Maybe if we choose who we love more carefully we limit the possibility of getting hurt." Lee Monroe

"Wow. You look gorgeous," Andrew said as he smiled widely at Emily. The raven-haired woman walked out in a tight black dress on with her hair curled at the ends. Emily smiled shyly at the man as he offered his hand out for her.

"Thank you. You look great yourself," Emily said as she looked over his outfit. It was just simple slacks and a button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up. But, Emily loved the simplicity.

"Come on, we have to get going to catch the reservations," Andrew said and opened the apartment door for Emily. The woman smiled as she passed by him. All the way from the apartment to the car, his hand was on Emily's hip.

They had gone out to The Capital Grille, a very fine dining restrauant in Washington, DC. Both had settled on a bottle of white wine. The two of them were quiet with the other, unsure of what to say to settle the thick air between them. Andrew pursed his lips as he leaned forward.

"You okay?" Andrew asked and bounced his leg up and down underneath the table.

"Yeah! Totally. There's just a lot on my mind at the moment," Emily said and grabbed her glass of wine, taking a long sip of the liquor. Andrew tilted his head.

"What's going on?" Andrew asked and adjusted his posture in his seat. Emily's lips parted.

The image of Aaron smiling while hovering over her took over her memories. The thick air in the room and the smell of his cologne haunted Emily's mind. Emily could practically feel the sweat dripping from her forehead.

"Work," Emily said simply as she nodded her head. Andrew's eyebrows raised.

"What? Is Aaron getting on your ass about paperwork or something?" Andrew asked and chuckled. He grabbed his wine glass and took a sip while Emily thought of anything to say.

"Something like that. Serial killers and general bad people don't take vacation days," Emily said jokingly as she ran her finger over the rim of her wine glass. "Sometimes, I just wish I could flip a switch and turn everything off."

"That would be bad," Andrew said and shook his head.

"Why is that?" Emily asked and tilted her head. The man smiled softly at her as he reached across the table and grabbed her hand.

"Because the world needs Emily Prentiss. You're a hero. And I wouldn't want you to stop being a hero for one second," Andrew said and leaned forward, planting a gentle kiss right on her knuckles. "Even if that means you and I living across the country from one another."

"I know. But, I think we're doing a decent job at it," Emily said and smiled shyly at Andrew.

"I'm sorry," Andrew said softly and finally let go of Emily's hand. The woman tilted her head as he cleared his throat. "I know things between us have been weird. And, we can't go two seconds anymore without fighting. But, I don't want to drift from you, babe. I really want to work on us."

Emily's heart dropped. She was so worried that Andrew would pull out a ring and propose to her at this fancy restaurant. They never went to places this fancy, but now that wasn't the case. Emily cleared her throat and picked up her wine glass, taking another large sip of it, before putting it down. She needed to be drunk to tell him the truth.