five

it's raining where i live and i want nothing more than just to stay in bed all day with a cup of coffee. someone transport me to fall/winter already pls and thank you🤩

also, question! are you guys okay with pet names? irl i use pet names when talking to people so i want to transfer that to here as well and tell me your favorites🥰

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, accusations of cheating, angst, mentions of alcohol
word count: 3632

Aaron: "Dance is the hidden language of the soul." Martha Graham.

Penelope stormed her way into the BAU. In her hands were four coffees and four breakfast sandwiches.

Derek and Spencer both furrowed their eyebrows as the woman settled everything on top of Emily's desk. "Is she here yet?"

"No. Pump your brakes and tell us what's going on," Derek said and held a hand up. Penelope sighed heavily and looked around.

"I'm not supposed to tell," Penelope said and took a sip of her cold brew coffee. Derek and Spencer both tilted their heads. "Okay, fine! Twist my arm and shake it out of me. I'll tell you."

Derek looked back at Spencer with an amused face as Penelope crashed down onto Emily's chair. Derek and Spencer both leaned in to hear the woman.

"She had a fight with Andrew. Apparently, he tried calling her last night like fifteen times when she was making dinner, and she didn't hear her phone. Crazy. I know," Penelope said and held a hand over Derek's lap. "Listen, I really like Andrew, but she doesn't have to answer on the first ring."

"Okay? And then what happened?"

"She called me, ranting about how he was being immature and how she called him a child for bombarding her with a million questions. One of which was if Emily was cheating on him. I know Emily. She wouldn't cheat even if it got super bad," Penelope said and shook her head. "So anyway, he was accusing her of all these crazy things, and it literally took a photo of her dinner and her telling him to take a walk for her finally to hang up on him. It was like, super bad, and I'm really worried for Emily because the last thing I want is for her to be fighting with Andrew."

"Who's fighting with Andrew?" Aaron asked as he walked by the three agents. Derek and Spencer dispersed to avoid Hotch's reign of terror. Penelope's jaw had dropped down to the floor, and just random noises were coming from her mouth.

The bullpen doors opened up, and Emily walked in. She looked between the four agents and raised an eyebrow at Penelope.

"Penelope," Emily said and crossed her arms. Penelope scrunched up her face as she stood up.

"I did a bad. I'm sorry," Penelope said and handed Emily her coffee. Hotch furrowed his eyebrows as he looked between the two women.

"What's going on?"

"I just got into a fight with Andrew. It wasn't a good way to end the day last night. But I'm up and ready to ignore this problem completely," Emily said jokingly and nodded her head at the two of them. Aaron was about to say something when he glanced over at Penelope. The woman was nodding her head as the two agents looked at her.

"Right. Right. I'll—bye," Penelope said and grabbed her coffee and breakfast sandwich before heading towards her office. Aaron and Emily both smiled shyly at the other. Emily was about to walk away when Aaron cleared his throat.

"I'd ask if you were alright, but I can tell you're not," Aaron said as Emily sipped on her coffee.

"That painfully obvious?" Emily asked and pursed her lips. Aaron smiled slightly as he nodded his head.