ten

well, this is a surprise to most. welcome back to daily updates. i've missed doing this and wanted to treat y'all for being so patient with me during my semester. kisses!🥰

also! this book is halfway done. how are we feeling about it?😳

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: minimal swearing, mentions of cheating, NSFW suggested
word count: 3337

Penelope: "If you hurt me, I wouldn't cry. I would hurt you back." Holly Black.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Emily sighed as she ran towards the door. She just opened it and didn't even see who was standing there. Aaron furrowed his eyebrows at Emily's rushed state. He set down the food in his hand on the kitchen counter.

"You okay?" Aaron asked and stuffed his hands into his pockets. The woman walked into her room. Hotch raised his eyebrows as he followed after her. "Emily? I brought food."

"I'm sorry. Andrew texted me last night that he bought me a plane ticket for this weekend. Apparently, Keely has a softball thing that she has to go to. So he wants to have a weekend for just the two of us. And like an idiot, I didn't pack last night and I have to be at the airport in twenty minutes," Emily said as she reached up into her closet. Aaron was about to help her when a suitcase came tumbling down from the top. "And since I've been distant towards him, he's pressing."

Emily slammed down the suitcase on her bed. Aaron sighed softly as he ran a hand down his face. The woman glanced up at him when he was silent.

"I think this is a bad idea," he said simply as he shrugged his shoulders. Emily scoffed slightly.

"He's my boyfriend who paid for my plane ticket to go see him. Do you think I'm thrilled to go see him after all of this? Do you think I can look at him in the eye after everything?" Emily asked as she threw in random shirts and pants from her closer. "He wants me to go, so I have to."

"No you don't. You don't need to go anywhere with him, Emily," Aaron said and crossed his arms. Emily turned towards him and raised an eyebrow. "You can just stay here in Washington with me until this whole thing gets figured out."

"Why don't you want me to go?" Emily asked and mirrored Aaron's body language. Both stood there with their arms crossed and harsh eyes towards the other. "Give me a good reason."

"You spend all your time and energy on me. He's slipping from your mind and you still think that there's something to patch?" Aaron asked and furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't know why you haven't ended it yet, Emily."

"I'm doing this for you," Emily said and clenched her jaw. She walked up to her dresser and angrily threw in pairs of underwear, bras, and socks.

"Really?" Aaron scoffed and leaned back against the wall. "How can any of this be for me? How is you seeing your boyfriend good for me?"

"Would you rather him walk into the BAU and announce to everyone that we had an affair!" Emily finally snapped and yelled at Aaron. "Would you like him to ruin your reputation? Would you like him to risk your chance at becoming director of the FBI some day? Because, news flash Aaron, that'll fucking happen! I wish I could drop everything and actually put in time and effort into this thing with you! But I can't! Andrew will know it was you and you'll fry for it. And I can't do that to you, I'm fucking sorry."

Aaron didn't say anything as he looked down towards the floor. Emily walked into her bathroom and threw in her travel toothbrush and toothpaste. The woman threw on her coat and zipped up her luggage.