sixteen

i'm so very sorry for not uploading on friday. sometimes you just need a little bit of a mental break and that's exactly what the doctor ordered🤩

anyways, this is my last daily update. i start my new semester tomorrow which means no more daily updates and we're back to the only once a week uploads per book😩

also a quick thank you for getting this book to 10k views on wattpad and 1.3k on ao3. y'all are truly the best. kisses!😘

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, NSFW talk, slight gun usage
word count: 3254

Spencer: "He who searches for evil, must first look at his own reflection." Confucious.

Emily had happily made her way out of the car. She made sure to put on her sunglasses as she made her way towards the small coffee truck.

Jeremy sat back as he watched her. This is the first day he was carefully following Emily. The man made sure to keep his distance and report everything back to Andrew. So far, Emily hadn't suspected anything.

The woman juggled seven coffees in her hands as she made her way back to her car. A man was nice enough to help Emily with her car door. Jeremy took a picture of it. The man looked eerily similar to Hotch. But, it wasn't. Aaron was back in the office.

Jeremy followed Emily slightly as she made her way to Quantico. The man pulled into the parking lot with Emily. He sat up when Aaron walked outside.

"Hey you. Already hard at work again?" Aaron asked as he ran to go help Emily. The woman happily handed him one of the drink carriers. "I thought we agreed to take it easy on the lifting."

"Technically, we haven't even agreed to anything," Emily said and smiled softly. Aaron just looked down at Emily with soft eyes. "What?"

"Nothing. You just look beautiful today, like everyday but today is just even more so," Aaron said and smiled shyly at her. The raven-haired woman was blushing slightly.

"I'm sorry I hadn't called. Andrew was being a bit controlling until he left this morning," Emily said and chuckled sadly. "So, I'll probably be having my phone blow up with text messages every five minutes."

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Like that," Emily said and chuckled as she grabbed her phone. As predicted, it was Andrew. The woman declined the call and grabbed the other drink carrier from her car. Jeremy tilted his head curiously. Whoever it was calling her, she declined it very fast. Jeremy was about to question it when Emily stood back up with drinks in her hands. He gave her a pass there. "He seemed more upset after you left. Please tell me he didn't say anything to you."

"No, I—" Aaron said and just nodded his head. "No, I just figured he'd want to have his space with you."

"And you didn't tell him anything, right?" Emily asked and locked her car.

"Well," Aaron said and pursed his lips. Emily stopped in her tracks.

"Aaron Hotchner. What did you—"

"Oh! I love you Emily Elizabeth Prentiss!" Penelope said as she ran out towards the two of them. Penelope happily wrapped her arms around Emily. "You are such a darling to get it from Lunacorn."

Emily's angry eyes flicked over to Hotch who was smiling widely at Penelope. She just saved him from a lot of trouble.

"If you wanted it, I was more than happy to get it," Emily said and smiled forcefully. The three made their way up to the sixth floor. "And you bought last time so I figured I'd make it up to you."