two

ooohhhh i miss you guys. it's been tough juggling my classes and still writing but i'm trying my best. now i just wish i would have taken the summer off🙃

but! i'm glad i can still update on the weekends🥰

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: minimal swearing
word count: 3542

Derek: "Nobody ever looked at her like that—as if she were filled with such lethal sweetness that craving could be synonymous with ruin." Nenia Campbell.

"Hey. You okay?" JJ asked as she waved a hand in front of Emily. The blonde woman pulled Emily away from her daydream. JJ handed her the coffee Emily wanted.

"Yeah. Just, uh, haven't slept is all," Emily said and smiled softly at JJ. "Thank you."

"Can I get you anything? You know you can come to my office for a power nap if you need it," JJ said and gestured towards the bullpen doors. Emily's eyes flicked over JJ's shoulder to the man that walked into the bullpen.

"Good morning, you two," Aaron said as he walked by. He had a pep to his step. It was evident that the grey suit he was wearing was new. Hotch only got like that with new suits or winning bets against the other team members.

"Good morning," JJ said as Hotch ran up the stairs. Emily turned back to watch the man as he walked into his office. "What's going on with him?"

"New suit?" Emily said and took a sip of her coffee. She watched the man through his window. Now that Andrew was gone, Emily had noticed how light the man was on his feet. One thing was for sure. He was more friendly. It freaked everyone out.

JJ noticed the way that Emily was looking at him. She just sipped on her coffee as she waited for Emily to come back down from her daydream.

"Emily?" JJ finally said. Aaron had heard JJ trying to grab the woman's attention. He looked over at Emily and smiled softly as she turned away quickly.

"Yeah, sounds great," Emily said as she stood up and walked out of the bullpen. JJ glanced over at Aaron's office. He was smiling to himself as he turned his attention to the files in front of him.Well, this was interesting.

Emily walked into the bathroom and furrowed her eyebrows. She tried to gather all of her thoughts, but they were all over the place. She gently pressed her fingers into her inner eye and tried to calm herself. Emily was just a mess.

"You have a boyfriend. Stop looking at Aaron like he's the most attractiv—Jesus Christ, Emily," Emily said into the mirror. She buried her face into her hands and shook her head. Emily gave herself a minute before walking out of the bathroom.She sat at her desk. Aaron noticed her back and started to bounce his leg.

Just ask her to lunch. It's not like you're asking her to sleep with you. Just go.

Aaron stood up and walked out of his office. The man was approaching her desk when her cellphone started to ring. Emily grabbed it and answered it. "Hey, babe. What happened? I thought you were going to call last night?"

Right. She still has a boyfriend.Emily saw Aaron walk by and went straight towards the coffee pot. Her eyes stayed on him.

"Things have been a little hectic over here. But I just needed to call and hear your voice. How's my girl?" Andrew asked as he walked into an empty conference room.

"I've been alright. Just a little lonely without you," Emily said and looked down at her files in front of her.

"Well, why don't you get a new morning routine? Something to occupy your mind," Andrew said and sat down in a chair. Emily chuckled.