eighteen

hello lovelies! oh my goodness it feels like time flew by this week. your friend is still adjusting to some classes and the slow pace but i'll figure it out eventually😚

also this is dedicated to baufriends since she forgot yesterday was thursday and got heart broken i didn't upload😭

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: mentions of alcohol consumption, swearing
word count: 3313

Penelope: "Marriage is a fine institution, but I'm not ready for an institution." Mae West.

"This is a pretty jazzy place you picked out here, Aaron," Emily said as she and Aaron made their way inside the bar. It was straight out of a gangster film. "I feel like I just walked onto the set of The Godfather."

"Will you find it more amusing when I tell you Rossi recommended this place for us," Aaron said and chuckled. Emily bursted out laughing as they slid into a rounded booth.

"Of course he did. I'll put money that he was secretly with the mafia at one point. That's the only reason as to why he hates talking about it," Emily said jokingly as she settled herself into Aaron's side. The man happily wrapped an arm around Emily.

"Oh, definitely. That's the only possible explanation for him not liking gangster films," Aaron said and pulled Emily in closer. "But I do have to say. This place looks expensive. He did say that it was his favorite place to be at."

"Well, now I know of another place to torment him at. Rossi likes to run after he realizes that he still owes me some amount of money," Emily said and smiled widely. The two of them turned their attention to the band getting set up. "I don't have a good feeling about this."

"What do you mean?" Aaron asked and looked over at Emily. The woman tilted her head slightly at the band as they whispered back and forth between each other.

"They keep looking at us and whispering to each other. I feel like I need a taser or something," Emily said and kept her eye on one of the band members. That's when Aaron felt his phone go off. He grabbed it and shook his head at the message.

Rossi: I forgot to mention...the band thinks it's your engagement night. This is payback for karaoke night two years ago! I hope you and the pretend Mrs. Hotchner for the night don't get too red in the face.

"Well that explains it," Aaron said and handed his phone over to Emily. The woman squinted her eyes as she read the text message.

"David Rossi is in a world full of trouble right now," Emily said and shook her head. "I don't really feel like drinking tonight. The roles may be switched and I'll have to order pizza while you have your face stuffed in the toilet bowl."

"Maybe just one or two," Aaron said and leaned over, nuzzling his face to the side of Emily's head and kissing her temple. "Plus, I'd need to get your a ring if we're going to really sell it."

"Yeah, right," Emily said and shook her head. "No thank you. That's a lot of money to spend on a silly little ring."

Aaron raised an eyebrow. "The idea of marriage still bothers you, huh?"

"It's a piece of paper," Emily said and shrugged her shoulders. "I'd be much happier with a simple ring without us having to go to a court house, sign papers, come up with cringey vows, gather two witnesses, blah, blah, blah."

Aaron chuckled as Emily visibly got more uncomfortable with the idea. Her eyes didn't met his, she was avoiding eye contact from him. Emily only did this when she was really uncomfortable. Seeing Aaron be disappointed in Emily's idea of marriage wasn't something Emily needed to see.