The truth behind Lisa's past

[BAMBAM]

After our late dinner, I heard a loud banging noise upstairs. It could be Lisa's room and it got everyone's attention in the dining area.

"Wh-what was that?" Nancy asked.

Everyone stood up from their seats, except Nancy who's still bewildered.

"Bam, can you please check Lisa in her room?" Lisa's mom pleaded.

I nod and rushed upstairs.

Lung, Aunt, and Nancy followed me right after.

I bust into Lisa's room and saw her lying on the floor, looking pale, and weak. She's clasping something in her hand.

"Lisa!"

She's lying on the floor unconsciously. I carried her and rushed outside.

"Prepare the van! We need to get her to the hospital!" I yelled.

I'm getting an adrenaline rush and didn't even mind the weight I'm carrying. Lisa's parents are in a complete panic right now while Lung (uncle) is calling someone on the phone. We head into the van and I'm still carrying Lisa in my arms which are getting sore now but I have to endure it for my best friend.

Upon our arrival at the hospital, there's already a medical team waiting outside the emergency entrance. Good thing, Lung has already contacted the hospital and prepared the team. Nothing is impossible with Lung.

I placed Lisa on the gurney and the medical team rushed her to the emergency room.

"Just wait here. We will give you an update." One nurse signaled us to stop and she went inside the E.R together with her team and closed the door.

We waited for an hour already outside the E.R and still, there's no update.

Nancy caressed my back and pat it multiple times. "She's going to be okay."

Lung (Uncle) is comforting Pa (Aunt) right now who is crying.

"We can't lose her again." Aunt sobbed in Uncle's chest.

"Shhh. We won't. We won't. Our baby girl is strong." Uncle said to Aunt to lessen her fear about Lisa.

"Bam?" Nancy said softly.

She reached for something in her purse and handed it to me.

It's Lisa's phone.

"It has been buzzing while we were on the way here and I didn't bother to answer it, I don't want to invade her privacy." She said.

I took the phone from Nancy's hand and checked it.

It has 23 missed calls from a caller named Nini Mandu. The phone is locked but it turns out she didn't turn off the notifications or put it on do not disturb mode.

There are texts as well from the same person but I don't know what it is. It's in Hangul (Korean language).

Lisa is so smart to speak, read, and know different languages.

I showed it to Nancy because she's half-Korean and knows the language well but she doesn't want to look.

I forced her to.

She didn't have a choice and read it aloud for me.

"From Nini Mandu: Lili, I need you. Please answer the phone. The second text is: why are you not answering? The third text is: I'm sorry for disturbing your family time. Bam, can we stop here? It's Lisa's phone which we shouldn't invade." Nancy suggested.