Chapter 10

Seliels POV

Songs of crickets chirping fill the crisp night air. The chill of the night gives me goosebumps even under my cloak. My body slightly shakes from shivering. However, this coldness is matched with the heat of adrenaline. For the first time ever, I'm going against my fathers will. Im breaking the rules, and it feels so good. Now, I understand why people get addicted to it.

"Do you want to go back to your room? We can train quietly in there," Cole offers from next to me. My hand is intertwined in his as he leads me through the dark, quiet halls towards the courtyard. With everyone else in bed, I can fully immerse myself in the moment. His firm grip, his sexy smell, his strong presence, his soft heart, they all draw me closer to him.

"No, no. I want to train in the courtyard," I insist. Both of our voices are quiet. He seems a bit nervous at all of this. "Have you ever done something this rebellious?"

"Believe it or not, I have. Don't let the word get out though. I need to keep up my reputation," he jokes at the end. I can feel the smile appear on his face.

"Oh, now you have to tell me what it was. Did you go streaking or something with your bros?" I question. A light chuckle comes from his lips.

"Streaking? "

"You don't know what that is? I'm a princess, and even I know what that is," I ask him in shock. When I tell you you're an old man..."

"What would you do if I told you I was 811 years old?" he asks me in a playful tone.

"I would tell you that you look surprisingly good for your age," I play with him, nudging him in his side. "If anyone is immortal, it's you."

"But really...what is streaking?" he asks as we enter the courtyard. The courtyard is large and spacious, the perfect area for training. It's lined by rose bushes, the shrubs making a nice square around the outside. There is a large slab of vengestone against one of the walls that the elemental masters of creation would use while training. All of the kings over time never wanted to put in the effort to take it down, so it's stayed up.

"It's when people get completely naked and run through a public area," I inform him. His face instantly changes into one of pure shock, his eyes wide.

"People do that?"

"Yep. Its become a common thing. The guards keep having to fine people," I say as I shrug off my cloak, letting it fall to the ground behind me. The hood messed up my hair, so I pull the strands of my hair that fell out of my ponytail out of my face. "Hey, if you did, I could finally see your tattoo."

For the past year, I've been trying to convince Cole to show me his tattoo. Tattoos are unique to each person. Seeing Cole's would help me see a little more into him and deepen our bond.

However, tattoos are a taboo. People don't mention them much, and everyone has to keep them hidden. It was mandated quickly after the incident with Princess PIXAL. The king reasoned that if he never let the elemental masters get close to his daughters, the entire situation never would have happened. He blamed it all on the tattoos.

Cole laughs, shaking his head. "Was all of that just to try to get me to show you my tattoo?"

"No, but it would've been clever," I answer honestly. Jumping up and down, I shake out my arms to warm me up. "Alright boss, show me how it's done."

When I look up at him, I see the most adorable smile on his face. His eyes are slightly squinted, a glimmer sitting behind them. "What's that smile for?" I ask.

"You," his words make my heart flutter. My knees go weak as I try to regain my composure. If the lighting was better, the red of my cheeks would be obvious. I try to keep it all together, but he makes it so hard.