ARC 3 - Chapter 3.11

Lucas’s eyes were red, bloodshot.

He tirelessly watched the video on his Smart Brain. Chris did not put the video on the Star Network. Still, as the commander of the Second Legion, Lucas naturally had access to the complete footage.

He stared with his dry eyes at the stubborn and dazzling young man enduring pain on the screen.

After taking a big gulp of hard liquor, the alcohol wreaked havoc on his stomach from not eating for so long. Lucas felt his chest twitch with pain.

Could Jorah be this strong? Could Jorah really be that strong? He kept asking himself that question repeatedly.

How strong he is, don’t you know? Lucas laughed bitterly.

Lucas and Jorah grew up in an orphanage where bullying was expected, and life was not easy.

Lucas always defended Jorah from the others and fought over food and toys. Jorah was weak and would only call his name with tears in his eyes as he fought with the others.

But one time, when Lucas was knocked down. As he held his head in his hands and braced himself for the fists that would land on him, Jorah, who had always been a coward, rushed up to him. His small body stood right in front of Lucas, spreading his short, thin arms to shield him.

“Don’t you dare bully Lucas!”

He remembered Jorah’s clear voice screaming like that. He’d always known that when trying to protect the person he cared most about, the cowardly Jorah would turn sharp and unyielding for a moment.

It was that time, too, that Lucas promised little Jorah, “I’ll always protect you and never let you get hurt.”

But then what happened? Did he eat this promise?

He and Jorah started with just each other, but then Lucas had the Second Legion and Corsi.

And Jorah had nothing.

Lucas covered his face and sobbed. Did Jorah wait for him to appear while he suffered from a cruel punishment? Did he cry out in his mind, “Lucas, help me!”

But then, at such a time, not only did he not show up, what did he say?

Oh, he said: He’s caused you a lot of trouble, hasn’t he?

How dare you, Lucas? He slapped himself twice.

“Bang!” The door swung open, and Corsi walked in with firm steps. He propped his hands on the desk and leaned into Lucas’ eyes, “Lucas, let’s break up.”

Lucas froze at the words.

“Actually, I’ve been hesitant since I was with you,” Corsi calmly said. “You’re right, Jorah doesn’t have enough physical rank to match you, and we’re the best match for each other.”

“But just because you and I are compatible, just because our bodies are good enough, should Jorah give up the happiness that was his?” Corsi closed his eyes, “Just…deserved…to be abandoned by you?”

“I’m sorry, Lucas, I really can’t force myself to be with you under the circumstances.”

After saying that, Corsi looked deeply at Lucas, turned around, and left.

He boarded his aircraft and turned on his Smart Brain.

One of these days, a post floated up on the front page of a forum. The poster asked: What physique are you? Will you survive the torture that Jorah suffered?

There was a real mental deterrent, a mixture of poison, drugs, gravity devices, and other messy things.

Previously, there was indeed some questioning that Jorah couldn’t have survived an entire mental deterrent. Still, with the video as evidence, with Dr. Ramiel theorizing that Jorah’s mental powers had mutated under powerful stimuli, and with Chris’s daily treatment and protection, the doubts quickly disappeared and the admiration for Jorah rose instead.