ARC 4 - Chapter 4.7

“Stupid dog.”

Sensing the color of someone’s face behind him, Qing Yun’s lips quirked up in a pleasant curve. He looked at the little puppy that was licking water in front of him and pointedly cursed.

Qing Yun had finished giving water and returned back. Ning Qianyuan was still stiff-necked, staring at the cheerful puppy that was licking water on the side and the cup in front of him with a deadly expression that was like a complicated mess of jealousy and grief.

Seemingly sensing the dangerous sight, the little puppy that was originally buried in the water cup suddenly raised its head in alarm and then whined as it chased after Qing Yun’s figure.

Ning Qianyuan’s face became even worse. He looked at the little puppy that almost rolled towards Qing Yun, gnashing his teeth inside. He felt that the dog’s cry was both like a show-off and a complaint.

Until the end of the break, Qing Yun did not cast even a single glance at Ning Qianyuan. He either lowered his head and played with his phone or looked over the script and occasionally even teased the little puppy at his feet.

Ning Qianyuan actually had a feeling of being abandoned.

He hesitated for a while and finally couldn’t help but move his feet to go over, but then, Director Li spoke up: “Okay, the break is over, let’s shoot! It’s still the same scene just now, Qing Yun, Bai Xiyan in position!”

Ning Qianyuan: “……"

Although disappointed inside, Ning Qianyuan was immediately piqued with curiosity by Qing Yun, who stood in the middle of the scene.

Qing Yun had a peculiar trait where he never made people feel awkward in his ancient attire, as his own aura would directly grip one’s mind, making it impossible for them to pay attention to anything else.

Just as now, he sat on a stool in the green screen, holding a cup of tea in one hand and looking up into the distance. Such a simple gesture made one feel that the surrounding scenery must be breathtaking to attract his attention. There must be pleasant birdsong around him to make him reveal such a moment of peace.

However, something comparably awkward suddenly stepped in, and it was Bai Xiyan.

Ning Qianyuan and Director Li’s eyebrows furrowed at the same time. But Director Li looked at the well-placed emotion in Bai Xiyan’s eyes and hesitated to call for a cut.

Ning Qianyuan, however, frowned as he approached Director Li and pinpointed the problem: “There’s something wrong with his position.”

The shot was meant to highlight Ling Hua Xianjun, but Bai Xiyan was blocking it very subtly by making a stop there. It didn’t seem to block Qing Yun, but it distracted attention from the person.

Director Li frowned at it and eventually called out for a cut, allowing Bai Xiyan to do it again.

Bai Xiyan gritted his teeth so hard that his hands had clenched into a fist under the cover of his wide sleeve robe.

As he took his place again, Bai Xiyan happened to hear the photographer closest to him mutter, “That’s right, it just ruined the image!”

Bai Xiyan’s mouth almost overflowed with the taste of blood. What do you mean? He’s ruining the picture by putting his face next to Qing Yun?

After he finished filming this scene, Qing Yun filled in some more scenes. Having been on fire for the past few days, Qing Yun had also taken some commercials, and He Lan would be back later to pick him up, so he was in a hurry to remove his makeup and change clothes.