ARC 9 - Chapter 9.2

The listeners, who felt as if they had completed their lives, could not calm down for a long time and only now began to discuss in detail: “What was that just now?”

“Flowing Water”! It’s “Flowing Water”!”

“Liar, this must be a fake “Flowing Water”. Isn’t “Flowing Water” just a collection of some water sounds? How can there be such emotion? You don’t know that it’s almost like I was watching a person from birth to death. I experienced everything he went through, suffering for him and happy for him. This song shouldn’t be called “Flowing Water”, it should be called “Life”!”

“It’s horrible. That player just now is Xiang Chenjin?”

“Oh no no, dear, you’re wrong, that’s Xiang Chenyu. He’s the one who played “Flowing Water”, and I didn’t even know the real “Flowing Water” was like this before him!”

At this time, the host’s uncontainable high voice in the background reached the audience’s ears because of an accident: “God! This is not scientific! He is just a first-year student of the music conservatory, but he played “Flowing Water” in its entirety! The last one who played Flowing Water was the top violinist Rosef. I’m sure Rosef won’t be able to resist hitting his head against the wall when he hears Xiang Chenyu’s music……”

The unexpected burst of sound made the audience roar with laughter. However, after they finished laughing, they looked at each other and realized what the host had just said……

Damn! Xiang Chenyu is only a little over 18 years old this year, and he actually played the entire “Flowing Water”? They weren’t dreaming, were they?

The Capital Opera House was in an uproar. Both the audience and the judges, and even the rest of the contestants were talking about it. This led directly to the fact that Lin, who came on stage right after Qing Yun, had his music completely unnoticed.

The rest of the dozen or so contestants who followed were not much better off because the shock that the teenager named Xiang Chenyu brought to the audience and the judges was too great, whether it was the soul-shaking “Flowing Water” itself that brought them or the youth who easily played “Flowing Water” and gave the piece its true meaning for the first time.

Outside the Capital Opera House, a black commercial car was parked nearby. A pale man inside the car with an indifferent expression turned off the live broadcast of the music competition on his cell phone and said softly to the driver in front of him, “Let’s go.”

There was no light in his dark eyes, and the whole person looked like he had been drained of life’s hope, looking exceptionally depressed.

But even in such a state, it cannot conceal the danger that emanates from this man’s body. He was like a wounded beast, although showing decline, but also has the same madness to fight back from death.

Perhaps it is not accurate to say that the man is in a state of decline. The man displays a lack of desire as if nothing and no one can arouse his interest.

The bodyguard in the passenger seat turned his head and looked at his boss with a hesitant face: “Boss, do you really not want to bring that violinist here? Your condition is obviously much better when you listen to his music.”

Hearing the bodyguard’s words, Wei Changxiu’s eyes, which were as still as stagnant water, seemed to fluctuate for a moment. However, he still said indifferently, “No need.”