ARC 9 - Chapter 9.1

Khrutaf was a skilled violinist who loved to show off, so much so that people now think of difficult pieces when Khrutaf’s name is mentioned.

After all, of the ten most difficult violin pieces in the world, Krutaf’s works account for more than half of the list. But the most technically proficient piece, “Flowing Water”, comes in second place among the ten.

Not to mention that Khrutaf has always made many enemies in the music industry because of his arrogant character.

In modern times, people tend to focus more on the feelings conveyed in the music than on the so-called violin techniques. That’s why the producer of this list gave the first place to the concerto of one of the greatest composers. Because this composer experienced the highest points and nightmares of his life one after another, he put all his feelings about life into this concerto, and no one can fully grasp the emotions of this piece.

Even when this piece is played, it often requires different violinists to play different movements. Even the fast and slow parts of a movement require different people to embody it.

The status of “Flowing Water”, known as the “Devil’s Trill”, has been declining in the music world today, as some people are slowly arguing that despite the difficulty of the technique required, “Flowing Water” is no different from the rest of Khrutaf’s showy pieces. Some have even suggested that “Flowing Water” should give up the second place.

However, Qing Yun did not think so. In his opinion, “Flowing Water” is not inferior to the first place “Concerto in D major”.

It was Qing Yun’s turn to take the stage. He took his instrument and stepped onto the stage with determined footsteps.

The venue for the International Music Competition was at the most famous Capital Opera House, and it had been a long time since Xiang Chenyu had been on such a grand stage. When he used to play in the open square, this cheerful boy never knew how to be nervous.

But now, as soon as he held the bow, his body would unconsciously tense up like a stiff robot. Even when Qing Yun had just crossed over, he could feel the trembling of this body.

Everyone criticized Xiang Chenyu’s mechanical playing, but no one knew how hard he struggled to catch the tones from the violin with his right ear and how hard he tried to control himself from making mistakes.

But even so, even with such difficulties, this young man loves the violin so much because it is the only light in his life and the only link to his carefree childhood.

The host’s enthusiastic voice rang out, “Here is the twelfth contestant, Xiang Chenyu, with his performance – Khrutaf’s “Flowing Water”!”

With that, the host gave a faintly unnoticeable pause. Why didn’t his card state exactly which movement of “Flowing Water” the twelfth contestant was going to play?

It’s impossible for him to play the whole piece, right?

Oh, God bless this arrogant fellow! The host shrugged helplessly, thinking that maybe the person who did the count below had made a careless mistake. Otherwise, he didn’t believe that someone would dare to challenge the second movement of “Flowing Water” in this small preliminary round, which would be a big mess if he wasn’t careful.