ARC 4 - Chapter 4.8

Putting down the script, Qing Yun followed behind He Lan, looking faintly unkind.

He Lan didn’t notice Qing Yun’s mood, and there was some hesitation hidden between her eyebrows. Compared to those five men, what He Lan wanted to ask the most was what happened the night Qing Yun attended the event. Still, for some reason, she always had a feeling that it was better not to ask.

“I can give you what you want, and I can also help you block out that mess, so you can try to rely on me……”

Sitting behind his desk, Ning Qianyuan looked at the words on the note in his hand and read them word for word, practicing, “You can try to rely on me…You can try to rely on me……”

Closing his eyes and memorizing it over, Ning Qianyuan decided that he must speak properly this time.

After memorizing it, Ning Qianyuan looked down and saw the documents on the table. He couldn’t help but pull his hair and knock his head twice on the table.

Five men! There are actually five of them after him!

If that little thing, Qing Yun, can drug him, surely he can drug someone else too. Doesn’t that mean the person could be gone in the blink of an eye? From now on, he must be well guarded!

“Knock, knock, knock“, sounded the knock on the door. Ning Qianyuan sat upright for a moment, saw the indentation on his forehead on the computer screen, and immediately rubbed it with his hand.

“Come in.” Ning Qianyuan deliberately lowered his voice, making sure that his voice was dignified enough.

He Lan led Qing Yun in and was about to say something when she was interrupted by Ning Qianyuan, “Alright, you go back first. I want to talk to Qing Yun alone.”

He Lan had no choice but to cast a reassuring look at Qing Yun before turning around and going out. In the eyes of the ordinary employees of Sheng Shi, Ning Qianyuan had always kept a straight face. This was very much in line with his persona as a high and cold male god in the entertainment industry, so He Lan was still a little worried about Qing Yun.

“Sit.” Ning Qianyuan pointed to the side of the sofa, trying to keep his voice as steady as possible. He watched as Qing Yun walked over to the couch and sat down. His two long legs overlapped, and the jeans perfectly outlined the lines of these legs, making people look at them and fantasize about the beautiful feeling of these legs wrapped around their waist.

The knot in his throat slid twice in restraint, and Ning Qianyuan leaned slowly back in his seat, recalling the overbearing president he had played countless times in an effort to make himself look mature and reliable.

“You should have noticed that your treatment at the company has changed.” Ning Qianyuan said in a deep voice, with a pair of extremely oppressive eyes looking at Qing Yun, who was sitting on the couch.

This person was only wearing a knitted sweater today. The ivory white soft fabric fit by the fair collarbone, causing Qing Yun’s originally reserved and arrogant temperament to be mixed with a hint of softness, causing certain thoughts to stir in his heart.

At this point, hearing Ning Qianyuan’s words, Qing Yun looked over lightly. His clear gaze was seemingly able to look directly into people’s hearts.

Ning Qianyuan let him look at a heart that felt like it was soaking in warm water, completely unable to harden.

You have to tense up! He thought to himself while continuing on his overbearing persona. He raised his hand and brought a stack of papers over to spread them out, “You should also know that five people made offers to you at the same time. I was the one who had them blocked. You should know what would happen to you if I leave it alone.”