Chapter Seventeen

The second day of the week-Monday. I don't know if this only happens with me but even the mention of the word Monday drains energy from me.
I am a morning person but even I hate waking up on a Monday morning.

I tried to avoid Blaze the whole morning so I  skipped Calculus class.My grades in AP Calculus were slipping. I got a C on the last Calculus test I took. Yeah, the test I took were Blaze sat by me.

The disappointing look on Mr. Holland's face made me almost cry, I keep disappointing people around me and I hate it

I want to convince myself that we hadn't almost kissed at Ellie's party but I have to tell myself the truth sometimes. Seth hadn't called to babysit over the weekend and even if he did, I decided I was going to tell him I was sick. I knew that was cruel but I was used to running from problems and this was no exception.

Presently, I was hiding from Blaze. I saw him descending the stairs and I run under the stairs. Not my best decision but it was the closest hiding space I could get.

"So why are we hiding?", a voice whispers beside me. I let out a yelp and hit my head on top of the staircase

"Ouch, Blaze why would you scare me like that"

"I was walking down the stairs and I saw you run here so I decided to come over to see who you were running from"

I sigh and take a breath. It is now or never, I can't keep running away from this problem and I don't want Blaze getting ideas about the almost-kiss incident

"Look, Blaze, about yesterday-"

"Nothing happened, it was just a heat of the moment kind of thing. And anyways we just started not hating each other and I have a girlfriend"

"Thank God", I say with relief

"Also Addison is looking for you, she wants to talk to you about ghosting Ellie's birthday party", he says the last part trailing off.

"Look, can we be friends. Since I'll be seeing you a lot now, I might as well get used to it so what do you say about starting over and being friends"
"Hi, I'm Blaze and I am a pro at dodgeball"

Wait a minute, did we all hear what he just said. Did he ask if we could be friends?

"Blaze, did you just say you were good at dodgeball

A whole heartfelt speech and that's what you got from it?

I shrug,a smile tugging on my lips
"You're okay when you're not annoying so yeah,we can be friends"

"Okay?, Please,I am the–"

"Don't you dare complete that sentence"

"I'm still a pro at dodgeball"

"Sure,buddy. Whatever helps you sleep at night"

"I'll see you later then Belle, he says with a wink, and next time you decide to hide from me, get a good hiding spot"

Where did that come from

So,I had just become friends with the devil

Don't be over dramatic,my conscience states

And he had made me smile
When was the last time I had genuinely smiled?

I run my hand through my hair

I'm definitely going to regret this

The voice tell me I am going to ruin him but I hope I get ruined first before that happens.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Later that day, I trudge into the cafeteria and lay my head on the table. I didn't come into the cafeteria to eat, I came to get a little amount of sleep. The only thing I did at night was stare at the ceiling and most times cry myself to sleep. Anytime, I cried myself to sleep,the nightmares came to me and I woke up either panting or the crying continued from where I left off. The nightmares never came when I slept during the day though so that was a good thing.