Chapter Forty-two

Blaze's POV

"I did nothing to feel guilty. She said it herself;she doesn't like me",I continually mutter to myself
"And besides,I couldn't leave Brittany alone by herself"

I let out a groan, exasperated at the feeling of doubt in my words and the feeling of fear lurking in me

I don't know if she's aware but her eyes explain her unspoken words and the moment our eyes met,I could only see exhaustion which transformed into an empty look at my blank stare.

Fuck,you know the truth. You are worried about her, that's normal–you love her.

The word feels foreign anytime I think about it but I can't deny the truth. When she run out upon seeing Brittany and I ,I wanted to go after her and it didn't help that there was something in my instincts telling me that she was going to do something stupid.

I mutter a quick excuse to the teacher in class, ignoring his protests and run out of the classroom.

Maybe my instincts are exaggerating but at least I'd feel better if I know she is safe.

I call Addison and she answers right before the ringing ends.

"Blaze",she squeals
"You're lucky there's no teacher in class otherwise you'll be spending my detention with me"

"Addison,I need your help"

Sending the tension in my tone,she butters up quickly

"What is it?"

"Long story short,Belle saw me with Brittany and she run out of the school. I have a bad feeling in my gut telling me she's not alright. Can you please drop off at her house to see if she's okay. I'll owe you–"

" You better have a good explanation for me when I get back",she cuts me off before hanging up.

                    ‹|‹|‹|‹|‹|‹|‹›|›|›|›|›|›

My leg bobs up and down under the cafeteria table. It has been a half hour since Addison left and I have still not heard from her. I was probably being paranoid but I could not shake off that gut feeling of fear.

"Why do you look like you've been cast as the next victim in a horror movie",Lucas says dropping bedside me
"And where is Addison?".

"Call my impending feeling of doom shit but I have a feeling something bad has happened to Belle.

"Why do you think that?"

"I don't know. It's just this gut feeling and I'm —"

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I quickly answer it when I see who the call us from
"Addison, what's up?"

"Blaze",she hiccups and let's out a sob.

I can feel my  heart sink as my mind races through possibilities of what could have happened to Belle but nothing prepares me for what Addison says next.
"...Belle", "...drowned...", "...unconscious..."

I don't remember my next words to Addison but I remember rushing out of the cafeteria leaving Lucas'question unanswered.

Driving past the limit,my hand literally shaking on the wheel and my mind trying to make sense out of everything,a tear courses down my cheek which is followed by another and before I reach Belle's house I am full on sobbing.

In plain view, I see flashing lights,an ambulance and many paramedics swarmed around Belle's house and it draws a shaky breath out if me.
I turn off the engine as soon as I'm close enough and run out of the car halfway to meet Addison.