Chapter Forty-four

Everything was white.

People didn't acknowledge it but there was this emptiness the color white brought out.

There was no end. I longed for something but I didn't know what I longed for- color? someone? something?.

My fogged memory couldn't make it out but I was tired of walking through this endless emptiness.

Had I been walking for days? weeks? months?
I also couldn't make that out.

The harsh light was outrageous.

It was so bright as if welcoming a powerful force but nothing came. I was just walking.

I don't know who kept directing the light but it moved in sync with my steps. I felt like I was being watched but I had no option but to follow it hoping it would take me out.

Suddenly, I was falling-into a black hole and surprisingly, now I didn't want to go. After walking through endless white emptiness, I didn't want to leave.

Why did it feel like I was leaving something or someone behind?
Someone flashes through my mind, black long hair, blue eyes, and a smile on her face.

She was wearing a necklace engraved with the name, Rose.

Why did I feel like I knew her? Now, she was waving at me and she mouths three words.

Three words that brought the memories washing over me.

Three words kept me pleading with the white emptiness to welcome me again.

I love you

But like it always happens, I never get what I want, I kept falling.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Blaze's POV

"Alexandre Thomas"
He takes a deep breath, gives me a nod, and starts his walk to the gym. He turns the corner and enters the gym amidst deafening clapping and cheering.

I take in a huge breath trying to calm my high nerves. The moment I hear my name, I freeze. My limbs refuse to move and everything disappears.

"Blaze Ames"

I hear it again this time louder, and it jolts me back to reality.

I pull the graduation hat on my head quickly and looking over to Addison and Lucas who send me a nod, I start my walk.

I walk into the gym unable to match the happiness and cheering around me. I take the seat behind Thomas just as practiced and turn in my seat.
Scanning the crowds, I finally set my eyes on Dad, Ellie, Brandon, and Stephanie sitting in the same row.

Opposite of them are Lucas' parents and Addison's dad and mum who send me a smile when our eyes meet. I return the smile genuinely grateful that they could make it for Addison.

Ellie sees me and waves drawing my attention back to them. I send her a smile before turning around, the smile faltering the second I do so.

Name upon name is mentioned and it begins to sink in. I am graduating- today.
I am graduating high school. However, the feeling of uttermost happiness I thought I would feel is replaced by an empty, hollow feeling.

Happiness hangs in the air like a stench. Everyone radiates happiness. It is suffocating.

In ten minutes, I would have been giving a speech. A speech I had no idea of. The moment I had been told I was valedictorian, I was honored. From everybody that could have been chosen, I was allowed to stand in front of everyone and give a parting speech.