Come back

(might be a little rusty but enjoy😅🥰)

Author's pov

A young teen waited on a bench..a small old bench where he last sat with his friends and family...

A photo of him, of them, laid in his hands as tears slid down his face lightly. He sniffled a bit and held tightly onto it, as if it were to disappear into space. Soft, happy smiles traced over the picture of his friends and family. The last one he took before they vanished to new Jersey with the trolls. He waited for months, waiting at the cliff on a bench where they last saw each other and said there goodbyes and promises.

"We'll be back.." A promise Tobes waited for, a promise he hoped that would stay as one, a promise he hoped that would come true soon. So he waited, every day he came by when the sun would settle. He waited there with his wingman, Aaarrrgghh, who always stayed under a tree in the peaceful shade, sitting there. "Troll Jim come back?" He always asked. Toby stayed silent all the time. This time was different though...he had more hope then ever

"Soon buddy" he answered when he wiped a tear. Aaarrrgghh gave a happy smile and fixed his posture, straightening his back as best as he could, lifting his head up more as the smile grew. Toby chuckled at his friend then sighed happily.

Half an hour had past, the sun now fully gone as the moon showed its bright round glowing self. Aaarrrgghh's body slumped now as he sat next to Toby. Toby looked out on the cliff, seeing the small town's lights. They always seemed to capture the perfect shape as stars when the moon was by itself. Toby finally gave up as his last of hope left him. He got off the bench and looked at Aaarrrgghh. With a sad smile he placed his hands on his hips and let Aaarrrgghh get on all four.

"Next he'll come"

(More will come right now)