Chapter 13- Fundy's Revenge

TW: syringes, torture
A week had passed since Tubbo had been kicked out and Tommy was still reeling from it, recalling the burning memories in his head unwillingly every day, wondering, wondering, had he made the right choice? Was it good that he'd stood there and watched his best friend get kicked out without him batting an eye?
The answer was no, of course, no, he hadn't made the right choice, but there was no choice, no going back, and surely Tubbo despised him now? Or at least felt betrayed. Hurt.
That was also what Fundy was feeling, but not about Tommy; about Dream.
The man had simply came, cried, bitten him, and fucked off. What had happened to the man that he used to know?
Last time Fundy had seen the real Dream, or at least the human Dream, it was him announcing he was off to deal with the mildly serious case that had turned out to have nine casualties after Fundy's visit to Dream's old workspace.
Pictures of George were littered around the place and some old sweet wrappers but, most of all, mounds and mounds of papers. Binders, notebooks, sketchbooks, printed papers, you name it, it was there. The thing that had piqued Fundy's interest was a document of a boy named Thomas Simons. The boy was blonde, with braces in his picture, and seventeen years old. His status was "DECEASED" which Fundy was sure meant he was a vampire since Dream wouldn't have had random dead teenagers' profiles on his desk.
Is this the one that got him? Fundy asked himself. Really?
A seventeen year old? He had only been dead three quarters of a year. How was he supposed to have defeated Dream, the master vampire hunter who'd taken down centuries old vampires and been a vampire hunter since he was fifteen? Dream, who was trained to hate and hunt down vampires? It made no sense.
There must be a missing piece, the ginger man thought to himself. It doesn't add up.
Wait.
Dream had mentioned where George had went off to; just once but the memory was vivid in his mind.
The DSBI mansion! That was it! The DSBI must have taken in Thomas, and then Thomas killed Dream!
The thought of someone intentionally killing Dream, simultaneously ruining his and so many others' lives, made Fundy's blood boil. He decided to take action.
I'm going to kidnap Thomas!

———————————————————————-
Tommy hadn't done much since Tubbo had left, or should he say got kicked out, and he'd only killed once. He was getting hungry.

"Hey, guys, I'm going to go hunt now," Tommy told everyone.
"Oh, can I come? I need to practice feeding; I still get a little squeamish when I kill even though I've seen dead bodies a LOT," Dream asked.
"Alright, bitch boy, just no complaining or chickening out. I'm the one in charge in the hunt," Tommy grudgingly said.
Dream sighed and agreed, and they set out; the sun a ruby red and fast disappearing through the darkened trees, their bare branches stretching upwards into the sky like gnarly fingers desperately trying to reach something they could never.
"I suggest we go through the trees and then head to the little town near L'Manberg," Tommy suggested and Dream played along with him, not complaining and complying with the ground rules Tommy had set for him.
Tommy had set the rules as, "No complaining, no being annoying, no getting sad when we kill, no going batshit after a mouthful of blood and killing like a hundred people and no attempting to use my gun."
The blonde had been using his gun more to kill people cleanly and feed easier, it was very useful and left them dead but unmarked; he left his hunts considerably cleaner and quicker than before.
Still, he'd been using the classic way of killing sometimes if he was particularly pissed off and needed to take it out on someone.
Dream and Tommy walked in silence for a while, until Dream broke the silence by asking the blonde teen, "What was it like becoming a vampire? For you, I mean."
"Dream, you know what it feels like. Why are you asking me?"
"Well, I'm just wondering how you've become so merciless so quickly. In all my years of studying and hunting vampires, I've never met one that went crazy so quickly. One of the ones I studied starved herself so much she went insane, killed three people and then exiled herself out of guilt. You'd be surprised," said Dream, kind of impressed and kind of intimidated by the teenager that was three inches smaller than him.
How am I intimidated by this kid? he thought to himself, inwardly facepalming.
Maybe it's because of his spirit. Maybe cuz of his indifference to murdering someone. I don't know!
"Oh. I thought I was going slower than most vampires? That's what Wilbur told me, anyway," said Tommy, surprised.
"Wilbur's lying. You're one of the quickest I've ever seen. I think he's trying to get you to be even quicker out of guilt and desire to be what he wants you to be," Dream said, saying truth after truth.
"I don't know... He seemed so convincing..."
"Kid, his talent is literally betrayal and manipulation."
"Oh. Yeah."
They reached the edge of the forest and by now night had well and truly fell. Owls were hooting in the silhouettes of the trees and the only other sounds were leaves crunching under light feet.
"Here," Tommy said. The edge of the forest had a clearing which led to a cobble path into a town. The town was radiating a weak light from a few orange lamps.
"Wilbur told me this was a good place to go; apparently there's like no police or anyone capable of defending themselves so it's gonna be an easy hunt," Tommy said confidently, his stomach rumbling and him getting excited, looking forward to the familiar blissful feeling of feeding on people.
"Oh! I recognise this place. The Vampire Hunter Society is a town over; be careful," Dream exclaimed.
"The what?"
"The Vampire Hunter Society. The society I was in before I was turned."
"Ohh, I thought you worked solo," Tommy replied, chuckling.
"Haha, no, I worked with Niki, Jack, Ant, Sam and Fundy..." Dream felt a pang in his stomach mentioning people who were now dead by his hands.
"Oh, cool! Do I have to look out for them?" Tommy asked innocently
"Not all of them..." Dream told him, reminiscing.
"Why?"
"I killed all of them apart from Fundy and Niki."
"Oh. Shit, man, that sucks."
"Yeah."
"Anyway, let's split up, try to find people. And no chickening out this time!" Tommy commanded.
"Alright. How many people do I have to kill?"
"I don't mind as long as you murder at least one; any more is fine but don't come back with no drops of blood on your shirt, alright?"
Tommy smiled and surprisingly Dream smiled back, which made their relationship with each other even more complicated.
Friends or not friends? Only the future would tell.
Tom took the right side of the town which bordered the other village with the Vampire Hunter Society (VHS) and Dream took the left which bordered a pine forest.
"Come out, come out, wherever you are..." murmured the blonde quietly, expressing his frustration at nobody being out tonight.
Suddenly, he spotted a person! Red head of hair, about his height, a little taller perhaps, he was perfect.
Just as Tommy was about to leap at him, the man turned around.

Fundy stared straight into Tommy's eyes.

A flash of recognition swept across the man's face.
"You!"
Tommy was confused.
"Who are you? What've you got against me?"
Fundy let out a small laugh, before his face turned deadly serious.
"Have you heard of Dream?" he asked through gritted teeth.
"Uh, how do you know Dream?" Tommy asked, concerned.
"I was one of his colleagues. Was. Until YOU turned him into what he is today!" Fundy said loudly, indifferent about how much his voice carried across the town.
"What? I didn't turn him!"
"Oh, you did, I know it, and I'm going to take revenge."
As soon as the words had come out of his mouth, Fundy jumped at Tommy, who was temporarily taken off guard and fell to the ground, surprised.

The ginger fumbled in his pocket for something, before injecting a syringe into the poor boy's arm.

The pain after was too much to bear.
His whole body felt like it was on fire, he just wanted to die, for it to be over, for the torment to stop, he would have gladly died if he could, he hated it, he was in agony, he would scream but his throat was impossibly dry, he felt as if he was deflating, his sense of self seeping through his bones out into the cold cobble that he was suffering underneath, he was going insane from the pain, his eyes wide and his face horribly contorted from the absolute pain, he'd never felt something like this, he wanted to beg for it to stop but he knew the man would never hear his pleas...

And then it all went black.

Tommy woke up in a dark room, his arms bound down by thick ropes, stuck in a blank room.
Wait.
Dark!
He couldn't see anything!
His vampire nocturnal eyes had failed him.
He started to struggle, attempting to get the ropes off of him, squirming in his chair, not noticing the figure who was entering the room.
"Hey."
Tommy would have jumped out of his seat but as he was tied down all he could do was flinch.
"You're up," said the voice of Fundy. "Huh. Thought you'd be slower than that."
Tommy's wide eyes glared at the man in rage.
"Why are you doing this to me, bitch?!" Tommy asked angrily.
Fundy smirked. "You got Dream so now I'm getting you. Fair, right?"
"I told you! I didn't turn him!"
"I know you did, Thomas, don't lie to me."
"It's Tommy. And I'm not lying, fuck you!"
"Enough chit chat," Fundy said with a small sadistic smile on his face. "Let's get to the hurting."
"W-wh-" was all Tommy could say before the ginger took out a pair of pliers and forced open his mouth.
Fixating the pliers onto one of the poor blonde's teeth, he broke off the tooth with an unpleasant snap while Tommy screamed in pain as his sharp tooth was broken off. Surprisingly, when Tom felt at the roof of his mouth, the tooth was still there; it had grown back instantly.
"Do you know what that syringe was-?" Fundy asked in a hoarse, angry voice as Tommy shook his head tentatively.
"That was the test vial for hurting vampires beyond repair- it robs your kind of their powers and makes them more vulnerable. It was our only one. Do you feel honoured that you're the one to have it tested on-? Do you?" Fundy asked, a sadistic grin spreading across his scarred face.
Tears started to stream down the teenager's pale face and he started to shake violently, wanting nothing else but to get out of the hellhole that the complete stranger had placed him inside with no escape.
Fundy ignored his cries of pain and pleas to stop and continued to torture him through the night, slicing at his skin with sharp knives and watching the skin instantly repair itself.
Soon there was a small collection of sharp teeth on the floor from the older man's torture of Tommy.
Tommy, whose mind had been blurred by the sheer pain he was being put through, told himself "Think clearly!" and remembered his training sessions with Technoblade.
As Fundy was slicing a small line on his neck, Tommy impulsively bit his hand. While Fundy was reeling from the unexpected pain, Tom decided to lean down and bite his ropes and a few seconds later he'd broken one of them and freed his right hand.
With his free hand, he undid the rest of the ropes and stood tall over Fundy.
"You messed up, bitch boy," he said with a satisfied grin on his face, and took out the gun he'd forgotten he had in his pocket.

editors note: hey! I've been having some mental problems (hi Charlie if you're reading this I'm banned from my phone and iPad until Monday) but I managed to finish the chapter! ooo cliffhanger

word count: 2091