Chapter 30- Violence

A/N: I'll be referencing some lines from the song "Violence" by Kanaya throughout this chapter!

———————————————————————
"There's a glimmer of hope in your eyes
But a worry in your pace...."
———————————————————————

Everyone was fighting.
Well, not everyone.
Sapnap wasn't.
He was sitting there, bored out of his mind.

They'd been doing this all day.

Just punch, punch, kick, ow, punch, punch kick. A vicious - and boring - cycle.
He was honestly sick of it since he'd been sitting there, wincing at the injuries inflicted upon his best friend.

Dream was fighting Niki and Jack, making sure not to make eye contact with Jack (the last time anyone had done that, it hadn't ended well for them) and it was getting fucking monotonous.
It was fun for the first hour or so, cheering on Dream while the others (including Dream himself) grunted and cried out in pain, never really doing anything or getting anywhere.
But now he was beginning to get annoyed.

Could they just stop already?

———————————————————————
"The urge in me is pinning me down
I'm antagonised..."
———————————————————————

He'd had enough.

He looked around, getting up for the first time in quite a few hours, and spotted a large stick-
it wouldn't be enough to stave them off, but at least it would be a distraction, right?
He grabbed the stick and brought it down as hard as he possibly could on Niki's head.
She turned around, unfazed and unharmed, and stared at him like he'd gone mad.
She turned to Jack and jabbed her thumb at Sapnap, mouthing something, and he obviously understood what was said as he started to walk towards Sapnap.
Dream immediately ran in front of Sapnap, defending him.
Jack sneered. "You're both fucked. You and your friend, Dream. You hear me? Fucked."
Sapnap backed into a tree as Dream tried desperately hard to defend him.
Try as he might, there was no escaping the two steadily approaching Sapnap and Dream, smug looks on their faces.

———————————————————————
"So, look me in the eyes if you dare
You'll learn a lesson right then and there..."
———————————————————————

Sapnap looked at Jack.
In the eyes.

And fainted.

"Fuck!" yelled Dream in frustration.
Now he was cornered and weakened, outnumbered and lost all hope.
He cowered down, crouching, as they punched and kicked him.
About an hour later, Jack remembered something, and turned to Niki, still inflicting pain upon Dream, who was still crouched on the floor and had given up completely, just hoping they stopped soon.
"The other one will be waking up soon," Jack pointed out, mid kick.
"Oh, yeah. We better go," Niki replied.
Finally! Dream thought.
"Before we go..."

———————————————————————
"You better take a deep breath,
And close your eyes in
5, 4, 3, 2..."
———————————————————————

Dream looked back in horror as Niki breathed fire onto the dry leaves.

The effect was instantaneous.

The roar of the flames deafened Dream, whose only thoughts were about the unconscious Sapnap lying on the extremely flammable floor.
Heat burning on his face and making Sapnap sweat, Dream struggled to get to Sapnap as he'd backed away from Jack and Niki a while back, after Sapnap had gone out cold.
Suddenly, a great big wall of fire engulfed his vision of Sapnap as the orange flames licked at his face, burning Dream.
"SAPNAP!" Dream screamed, desperately trying to get to his unconscious best friend, to alert him of the imminent danger that was about to swallow Sapnap whole.
The scream was of pain, agony even, and betrayal on Niki's part. It was of fear, just pure rage, fear and pain channeled into one big spurt of energy.
Then.