Chapter 20- The Duel

"Jack."
Jack turned around, startled, and recognised Dream's dirty hoodie, smeared with mud and ripped by who knows what.
"Dream," he sneered. "Ready to get your arse kicked?"
Dream, who could see through the small glass holes in his mask, laughed maniacally.
"As if you'd be the one to kick my ass," Dream said smugly. "How'd you even kidnap Techno? Did you cry until he complied? Drugged him? What'd you do?"
"Eye used my ability," Jack replied, hinting at something Dream hadn't known- and still didn't know at that point.
Missing the pun entirely, Dream sneered.
"You just got lucky ability wise. Two can play at that game!"
He focused his eyes on one of the corpses piled up against a wall, and lifted it up with his mind.
Totally ignoring the faint outline of a door that was revealed by removing a body.

"Huh," said Jack, a little impressed. "Nice. You... don't want to know mine. Well, I'm not telling you at least."
Dream snorted and said, "Oh, no, please, I'm so scared," in a voice oozing with sarcasm, mocking Jack- which made the latter angry.
"Hey! You should be."
"Hm. Well, I'm not," Dream said, smiling.
"Fuck you!" Jack shouted, and started to circle, getting closer and closer to his opponent. Dream noticed this and went a little away until they were both circling each other like two wolves, each focusing on the others' movements and hardly daring to make a move themselves.
This went on for ten minutes or so and Tommy, who was spectating, got bored and his mind started to wander. He wondered, Where is this dude even keeping Techno, Wilbur and the other guy? and his orange eyes started to scan around the square for any indication of a struggle. His eyes focused on the white wall that the bodies were piled up against, and looked away. Then he looked back, having noticed something.

There was a little line in the wall that indicated a door.

Meanwhile, Dream had stopped circling and had started to get closer and closer. Jack sneered.
"Do you really think that's going to scare me?" he asked mockingly. "Come at me if you're not a coward and face me like a man, Dream."
Dream was angered and launched himself at Jack, who promptly dodged as Dream fell to the floor.
Getting up, he barely had time to dodge a punch as Jack's fist nearly came into contact with his face, missing it by a hair as Dream slipped under his legs and pulled one of them, tripping him.
Dream hastily scrambled to get up and kicked Jack in the face, cutting his lip with the sole of his boot as Jack yelled, "Fuck!" and shoved Dream's foot away, getting up quickly and punching his opponent in the face. Dream retaliated by choking Jack until he had his hands slapped away. Dream ducked as the other man attempted to land another punch on his face and backed away, Jack pursuing him. Reaching a corner, Dream turned back only for Jack's fist to make contact with his temple, dazing him. For some reason, Jack was staring at him intently and expectantly, like something would happen if he looked into his eyes, which he did.
And nothing happened.

Jack was confused until he realised that the other man's smile mask didn't actually have bare eye holes- glass covered the eye holes and obviously protected Dream from his ability, rendering Jack, who'd barely had any fighting experience before, at a disadvantage.
He decided to focus on removing the mask instead of beating the shit out of Dream, and while Dream was dazed he attempted to pull it off, just to be met with a smack on his face and then a kick on his stomach, making him forcefully topple to the ground in pain. Dream towered over him while he was on the ground, and had no time to get up before he heard a sickening crack as a boot crushed his nose. He clutched his face in agony, only to realise that actually his nose had repaired itself immediately. Another day, another thing learned about being a vampire, he thought to himself.
Trying his best not to cry, he wrenched the boot off of his face and scrabbled around on the floor, trying to find a corner, as Dream loomed menacingly over him. He grabbed Dream's leg and pulled, making his opponent fall to the ground as he punched him repeatedly, earning grunts and cries from the man below him. He was ecstatic but he also knew that this high ground would not last that long since he'd seen how fast it could change and did not have much hope.