Chapter 14- The Blood Of Friends

"You messed up, bitch boy," said a livid Tommy, taking his gun out of his pocket.
Fundy cowered on the floor, fresh tears streaming down his terrified face, as Tom held the gun to his head.
"P-please don't hurt me!" said the petrified ginger man.
"And why should that be?" Tommy asked smugly, righteous anger shooting through his veins. He knew he should do it; the blonde just wanted to hear Fundy's pitiful pleading cries before he murdered him.
"I- I'm a friend of Dream's!"
"I'm not. I think. Any other reasons?"
"I... I want to- to- to LIVE..." stammered the sniffling man. "I'm not even thirty years old, I can't die this young!"
Suddenly a rush of fury overtook Tommy's brain. He'd died at 17! Not even twenty, never mind thirty. Did Fundy care, when he was torturing him into insanity? Did he? NO! Why should Tommy care at all?
Why should Tommy care, when his youth, his LIFE, had been ripped from him by one of the men he now called his family? His brother? He had had such a good life, going on adventures with the people he trusted the most, Tubbo and Ranboo. Ranboo had died and been revived and now Tubbo was a vampire like him, but had been chucked out of Tommy's mansion, and now he no longer trusted Tom. He'd never get his life back. But if he spared Fundy, he could? No! Why should he be able to keep his life, when Tommy was never permitted to, no matter now nice it had been, how well he had fitted into the tightly woven fabric of his life? It hadn't been perfect, obviously, there had still been nights where they went to bed with empty stomachs, but it was good enough and Tommy had enjoyed the adventure and insanity of it all. Fundy had blamed HIM for something he'd not done, no matter how much he denied it, and given him an entirely over the top punishment for an act he had never committed. At all.
He was going to do it.
"You can die this young," said a spiteful Tommy, his voice oozing with toxicity and venom, a small laugh behind the fury. "I did. And you will too."
His fingers itched on the cold metal of his gun.

And he pulled the trigger.

No bullet came out, but the effect was still the same. The shot was loud and the sound ricocheted off the walls and out the door in a frenzy to make sure everyone heard it.
Tommy winced as the shot fired, and looked down at what had just fell down on his feet with an alarmingly loud THUMP.
The ginger man's head.
No marks were found on him, but Fundy was obviously, clearly dead.
His face had a mouth half open in a seeming mockery of surprise. His eyes were vacant and unseeing, looking but not really looking at the blank wall before him.
He was lying spread-eagled, his head on Tommy's foot, unmoving and unblinking.
Tommy suddenly understood the gravity of what he'd done. The man had told him that he knew Dream!
This would surely ruin any slim chances of a friendship with the man, right?
He sighed, kicking the man's head off of his feet and sliding down against the wall, tired out of his mind.
And fell asleep.

The first thing he noticed when he got up (how long had it been, hours? Days?) was that he could see perfectly. The serum Fundy had injected into him had worn off! He was glad. The second thing Tommy noticed was how damn tired he was; he could barely move without his body screaming at him to stop, to get energy, to eat something, but how?
Wait.
Hadn't he just killed someone?
And their body was a few feet away from him?
Perfect.

Tommy started to crawl over a little closer to the body and gripped it tightly. He didn't even need to twist the neck; Fundy's head lolled to the side automatically, leaving a lot of space for Tommy to drink.
He fed and fed on the ginger man until the body was white as a sheet and blood was dripping from the corner of Tommy's mouth.
He was grinning a very satisfied grin, and got up.
Hang on. How long had he been out for? How long had Dream been looking for him? The others must have been sick with worry. He decided to hurry back to the mansion. It was daytime already, so he had to hurry since he didn't have any powers in the sun.
It took him considerably longer to get there, but he arrived just as the sun was setting and knocked twice on the door.
Dream opened it.
"Tommy! Holy shit dude, I thought you'd been kidnapped or something; where were you?!" Dream asked in a mix of confusion, relief and happiness.
"Bit of a long story. Basically, this guy who said he knew you kidnapped me, blamed me for turning you, tortured me, I got the upper hand and I killed 'em. His name was Fun- Funsy? Funty? Something like that. I forget."
Tommy looked at Dream expectantly.
"Oh. Do you mean Fundy?"
"Yeh, that's the one!"
"So... you killed him?" Dream asked slowly.
"Yeh. Sorry mate. Is that alright?" Tommy asked nervously.
"Oh. Yeah. That's fine," Dream said, not fully processing what Tommy had done. "So what took you so long? Did he torture you for that long?"
"Oh, I fell asleep. No idea how long for."
"Oh."
There was an awkward pause.
"Anyway, come in," said Dream, getting out of the way of the door.
"Ey, Tommy's back!" said Phil happily, his arms outstretched for a hug which Tommy grudgingly delivered.
After they'd stopped hugging, Phil said, "So where were you?"
"Oh, I got kidnapped, tortured and then killed my captor and escaped."
"How the fuck did you get captured, mate? You're a vampire for crying out loud. Good on you for escaping though." Phil seemed a little annoyed.
"Oh, he had this weird serum thing he put in my arm with a syringe. It kinda made me temporarily lose all my powers and pass out."
"Wait... what?" Phil was incredulous. "They have one of those?"
"Oh. Yeah. He did say it was the only one they had, though, I wouldn't worry," Tommy said, attempting to reassure Phil.
"Yeah, it's just worrying that they know how to do that. Do they have scientists there or something?" Phil's last question was directed at Dream.
"Oh. Me? Oh, yeah, they do; they take in vampires that've been drugged and stuff, do a load of experiments and try to make vampire eliminating stuff. Last time I was there they weren't that close, though," Dream answered.
"Well. I know what we're doing tonight," said Phil, a small smile growing on his pale face as he adjusted his bucket hat.
"Wait," said Dream, "we're-"
"-killing the scientists and burning their research, yes," Phil interrupted.
"Do we have to kill them? I mean, I know a couple of them-"
"Apparently you had no problem killing three people you'd known and been colleagues with for eleven years in a heartbeat, but you can't kill a couple of scientists that you vaguely know," Tommy interrupted. Dream got a little pissed at being interrupted so much, but he dismissed it.
"Fair enough."
"Alright. You know where everything is, right, Dream?" the older blonde asked.
"Yeah, I know the place pretty well."
"Perfect."
————————————————————————
Night fell and they commenced the heist.
"Got the gasoline?"
"Yep."
"The lighter?"
"Check."
"Told Techno, Wilbur and Quackity in case of trouble?"
"Yeah."
"Alright, we're good to go."
Following Dream's lead, they got to the VHS (Vampire Hunter Society) headquarters in a mere two hours.
"SSH," whispered Phil as they neared the place.
Motioning for the other two to follow, Dream crawled into an open window on the third floor, and the others followed suit.
They ended up in a room full of desks with various photographs and files strewn across them. Profiles of random people were scattered around, all of their statuses "DECEASED"; they must have been vampires, Tommy thought to himself. He registered only a few; a pink haired woman, a man with 3D glasses and a shaved head, and someone he recognised very well. Very well.

With a jolt, Dream recognised his own profile on a desk. There were many notes around it, saying things like "dangerous" and "top priority". He realised his Society "friends" didn't care about him.
They never had...
"Let's do it," hoarsely whispered a hurt Dream, his face taut and grey. "Let's just get it over with. I don't want to be in this sick fucking place much longer; I might go insane."
"We don't know where the science place is, though," Phil whispered.
"I do," replied Dream. "Follow me."
They crept through the silent, dark halls for a few minutes, going through many rooms, lots of twists and turns; so many places in a single building.
Finally, they came to an all-white room full of blood samples, microscopes, and a LOT of paperwork- Tommy had never liked science at the poor school in the orphanage and he felt uneasy.
Dream was about to start smashing shit when something caught his eye.
A cell. At the corner of the room.

With a very familiar pink-haired woman inside of it.

"Niki!" Dream cried out, running to her desperately. Niki, who'd been asleep, woke up startled and stared at Dream for a few seconds in shock.
Dream could barely contain his own shock as her wide eyes were now not their normal shade, but instead a bright orange.
"Niki! What- who did this to you?"
Dream noticed a lever near the cell and pulled it; the cell's gate opened and she stumbled out, confused and scared.
"Who did this to you?" Dream asked.
"J-Jack-" she stammered out.
"What? Jack-?"
"Y-yea- you accidentally turned him and he just showed up one day and..."
She couldn't continue past this point, and started to break down, tears falling down her pretty face.
"I'm... I'm so sorry, Niki. What were they going to do to you?"
"They were going to experiment on me in the morning... I'm- I just- thank you for saving me..." she gasped out, looking at her feet in embarrassment.
"It's okay."
Suddenly, Phil interrupted their reunion.
"Will anyone tell me what's going on?"
"Oh, yeah, sorry Phil," said Dream, smiling for the first time in what felt like days. "This is Niki, my ex-colleague. She was the only one I didn't kill, but I guess that didn't really matter, huh-?"
Niki smiled sadly and gave them a little wave.
"Niki, this is Tommy and Phil. Tommy's the child and Phil's the old man." Both Phil and Tommy got pissed but didn't say anything in fear of making a bad impression.
"They turned me, but they were also helpful, so I'm honestly not sure what they both are to me, cuz they're both the cause of my suffering and also my success. So..."
"It's nice to meet you, Tommy and Phil," said Niki, smiling a little at them. "What's that gasoline for?"
"Oh, we're burning all of the science records. Wanna join?" Dream said.
"Hell yeah!" exclaimed Niki.
Suddenly, footsteps from outside the door alerted them, and they all ducked under a desk.
Someone walked in; they could see their soft footsteps walking past the desk.
Tommy and Dream glanced at each other and nodded.

They sprang out of their desks, teeth bared.
Dream tackled the woman to the ground as Tommy jumped on her back, covering her mouth so she couldn't scream, and bit down hard.
The young blonde drained half of her blood and then left the rest for Dream; the red liquid trickling out of her neck and spilling onto her pristine white lab coat (which didn't stay white much longer).
Dream appreciated the gesture and took his turn to feed.
Meanwhile, Phil was talking to Niki about what it meant to be a vampire.
"Well, you need to be merciless. Don't think about your victims too much. Don't starve yourself. Think of humans as food; their lives are going to end anyway, you're just speeding up the process."
Niki was just sort of freaked out.
There was another set of footsteps outside, which got louder and louder until they stopped right at the door.
Goddammit, will we ever get to burning these fucking files? Tommy thought annoyedly, just wanting to get the deed done.
The door opened with a creak as someone stepped into the room, surveying the scene; a teenager and another man feeding on a woman while another woman and a man were underneath a desk, talking.
This was not the oddest thing.
"Wait..." said the unknown man. "Dream?"
Dream looked up.

"Sapnap?"

editors note: hi sorry for the delay it was my birthday on the 24th Sep :D I had a pog time
anyway
will I ever stop introducing new characters??? n o

Word count: 2192