Chapter 16- What Really Happened: By Jack Manifold

This whole chapter is from Jack's POV and there will be many timeskips! It will start from the point where the hunters except from Dream are all human and Dream has just killed a whole village, and it will document what happened in Jack's POV, ending with the part that ended the last chapter but just from his POV :))

Jack was adamant that Dream wasn't gone- he was just pranking them and he'd be back very soon, laughing at them and making fun of them for being worried. Still, he couldn't help being a little worried himself.
"Jack, what if it's not a prank?" said Sam, grabbing at some random papers from the table they were all settled at and crushing it into a ball with his fist. "What if he's actually in trouble? It's been over a month now, and we still have no leads on where the fuck he is."
The sound of a door opening alerted them all to Niki's return; she'd just been visiting the serious case's site to find clues as to who did it.
She ran in, puffing and panting, and spent a minute trying to regain her breath.
"Niki!" said a surprised Sam. "I didn't expect you to be back so soon! What happened?"
After she'd got her breath back, Niki choked out, "Dream..."
"What about Dream?" said a hopeful Fundy, looking up.
"He- he's alive... kind of..."
"What? What do you mean, kind of?" Jack asked, confused.
"He- he's a vampire..." she stammered with glossy eyes, sitting down as she still hadn't quite got all her breath back.
Shit, Jack thought.
"What? How do you know?" asked Ant desperately.
"He did... did the serious case... it was all him... he probably killed George too..."
"Wait. When was this?" Sam queried. "We could catch up with him, probably."
"Well, I ran all the way here so probably a couple of hours ago, maybe," she replied.
"We can catch up if we're quick."
"I'm coming," said Fundy unexpectedly.
"It's very dangerous, Fundy, are you sure? You're just a beginner hunter," said an unsure Ant.
"I'm sure," said Fundy decidedly. "I want to get that man for what he did. For George."
"No," Sam interrupted. "No. You're not coming. We can't afford to lose you if it goes wrong, this man is dangerous. You're not coming, no ifs or buts," seeing the outraged expression on the ginger man's annoyed face, with his mouth open as if he was about to say something- which he probably had been until Sam had said no ifs or buts.
With Fundy still seething, he, Sam, Ant and Niki packed up some weapons and medicine and set out.

The hike was long and took a few hours- they travelled through towns, cities, forests, villages, plains, meadows, so many places just for one man.
They arrived at a simple oak forest.
"This is where he was found," said Niki, the leaves crunching under her feet as she stepped forwards. "He can't have gone far, he really looked exhausted when I found him..."
"Alright. Stay together and let's hunt," Sam said confidently.
They checked everywhere for the next half hour or so, looking behind trees, in bushes, up trees even.
Just as they were checking behind a particularly thin tree, a branch breaking and a crunching of leaves behind a bush alerted them to a presence other than them.
Just a squirrel, Jack thought to himself. No worries, it's probably not him.
"Hey, what was that?" asked Ant curiously. "Let's check it out."
The group walked slowly, as if not to scare whatever was behind the bush, and a minute later Jack peeked behind the bush.

It was Dream.

It wasn't Dream as he'd remembered him. The Dream he'd known had nice hair, green eyes, clean clothes, joked around a lot and was chill except from when he was on missions.
This Dream had dishevelled, messy hair, blood around the rims of his mouth where two sharp teeth stuck out, mud and blood and God knows what else on his dirty green hoodie. His eyes were wide and orange as he stared at them in abject horror.
"G-go away!" he cried to them. "I don't want you seeing me like this!"
"It's okay, Dream," said Niki soothingly, yet her eyes told a different story- her face was calm but her eyes were terrified beyond her wits, evidently scared Dream was going to go batshit again and kill all of them.
Ridiculous, Jack thought. He's scared of US, not the other way round!
"We aren't going to hurt you, Dream," Sam told him. "You just need to come with us."
"No!" Dream said, getting up. "I'm not coming with you."
And he ran away.
Jack tried to give chase, but the strawberry blonde man was faster. Ant and Sam were luckily catching up as Jack and Niki puffed and panted behind them, trying to keep up with their colleagues' paces.
Sam caught up and launched himself at Dream, tackling him to the ground.
"Get off me!" Jack heard Dream growl angrily.
"Sorry, no can do," Sam said smugly.
Bad idea, Jack thought to himself, don't get him angry-!
Jack watched helplessly, trying to reach the two men, as Dream reached up, forced Sam's neck down to his head level, choking him, and bit down.