Chapter 23- Revenge

Ranboo was startled. "Wh-"
"Revenge," explained Tubbo, "for what he did to me. To us!"
"But Tubbo, that's not a very good idea," pointed out Ranboo. "He lives with 3 deadly vampires who'll snap you like a twig if you put so much as a finger on him, you're just a kid and so am I! I don't even have any powers, I'm a regular dude who just got revived, I can't fight for you..."
"I can take them," Tubbo protested. "Are you calling me weak?"
"N-no!" Ranboo said quickly. "Not weak. There are... you know... four of them? That you'll have to fight? You can't even kill them, can you, what's the point of fighting? How are you even gonna get revenge? What's your plan?"
"The plan," Tubbo said, getting increasingly annoyed, "is to go over to Tommy's place and beat the shit out of him. Beat him till he wishes he wasn't born. Beat him till he wishes that it is possible for him to die. That's the plan. I'm just gonna try to get past the other guys, maybe sneak into Tommy's room or something."
"Tubbo, this really isn't a good idea..." Ranboo said, unsure. "What if you get hurt? You'll get hurt, probably. You do realise that Tommy told me that Techno trained him? Personally? He's gonna have some good fighting experience from that. I don't think you can take any of them."
"You know what happened the night we met back up? When I attacked you by accident?" asked Tubbo slowly.
"Yeah...?"
"Well, I think the reason you had that mental breakdown thing is because I willed you to. I think it's my ability! So I can use that on Tommy, he's really mentally unstable anyway because of... ya know... everything that's happened to him."
"I'm feeling kinda bad for him", admitted Ranboo. "Mentally unstable and now he's got you- sorry, us, going after him?"
"Are you taking his side?" asked Tubbo, his voice oozing with venom.
"No- no!" Ranboo protested quickly. "Not at all! Just thinking about it. You know, kid got turned into a vampire, abducted, had his friends abducted, accidentally killed one of them, you, I died, you got kicked out, I ran away from him. And now he's gotta deal with your- sorry, our, revenge. Just saying it's a lot for a, what, eighteen year old? Wait, when was he turned?"
"I'm gonna ignore you clearly sympathising with him," said a pissed Tubbo. "He got turned in, like, November, was it? And it's the end of October now. So yeah, nearly a year, he had his birthday in April. Not that he really needs one now, to be fair, being undead and immortal. As you do."
"I'm not sympathising!" Ranboo argued. "On another note, that's really odd. How time flies."
"Anyway, are you coming or what?" asked Tubbo.
"Coming?"
"Revenge? Dumbass."
"Oh! Um..."
"Don't tell me you're not coming. I swear to fucking god, I will break something. And it doesn't have to be an object, if you know what I mean."
Tubbo was getting angry.
"I don't know what you mean," admitted Ranboo.
"It means that if I get too angry I may end up breaking your bones. That's what it means."
"Oh."
"So," said Tubbo. "I'm only asking this one more time. Are you coming?"
"Uh... alright... it's not a good idea though."
"Yay!" said Tubbo, clapping his hands once, his threatening aura disappearing completely. "Although it is a good idea. Pack your stuff, we're leaving in ten minutes!"
"We don't have anything to pack, Tubbo," Ranboo pointed out.
"Oh. True. Alright, we're going now."
Ranboo regretted pointing out Tubbo's simple mistake.
"Oh. Okay. How long will it take? I don't think I need food or drink but I can get tired pretty quick," said Ranboo.
"Oh, you'll be fine, silly!" Tubbo laughed with a dismissive wave of his hand. "If needs be, we can kill someone and bunk at their house for a bit. It's not like we have a deadline to get there or anything, we can take all the time we need- they don't even know we're coming!"
"You've got a point," Ranboo admitted. "Alright, I'll come. I swear, if you get hurt though..."
"Dumbass, I won't get hurt! It's just Tommy! He's too much of an emotional fool to fight back. He'll probably say some shit like 'Ohhh... I deserve this.... I was wrong all along... I deserve this for betraying Tubbo who is decidedly superior to me...' or the like," Tubbo said breezily.
Heavily doubting that would actually happen, Ranboo simply nodded.
"Cmon then!"
They left the shack, Ranboo suspecting it may have been his last time in there, and into the morning air. People stared at the odd duo- Ranboo for his patchy and deformed skin and Tubbo for his orange eyes, but quickly stopped because Tubbo had taken to baring his teeth at anyone judging him or Ranboo.
They travelled for a while, the taller man getting more tired as the day wore on. His legs started to ache and his head started to throb as he kept on walking, deciding to ignore the pain in his body so Tubbo wouldn't fuss and insist they stop. Still, it was hard to pretend as he got weaker and weaker during the day, praying for somewhere to sit down. Eventually, after five hours of walking, he gave in.
"Hey, Tubbo?" he said as they were walking through a small town.
"Yeah?"
"Can we sit down, please?"
"Aw, it's nearly night, can we sit down then? Are you alright, though?" Tubbo replied.
"I'm alright. Just tired. You do realise we've been going for five hours straight, right? Why aren't you tired, really?"
"Because I'm a vampire, Ranboo, we only tire if we get hurt. I'm fine, but if you insist we can stop off at this inn for the night."
He motioned to a small, cosy-looking inn and they knocked on the door.
A woman with puffy white hair answered it, beaming widely and saying, "Hello?"
"Hi!" said Tubbo. "Uh, we're just-"
"Looking for a place to stay?" she interrupted them.
"Oh- yeah-"
"Sure! Follow me! Will you be paying in advance or after and how long will you be staying?" she asked.
"Just the night, thanks. Do we have to pay?" he asked in a low tone.
"Yep, that's how I stay in busi- yeah... never mind," she said cautiously, tone changing from happy to scared as he smirked and smiled a toothy grin, orange eyes glowing a little as they were cloaked in darkness for a brief moment.
"Don't act so smug, though. I live with a vampire," she said confidently.
This piqued Tubbo's interest. "Oh? Who?"
"Niki. D'you know her?"
Tubbo deflated a little. "No. My friends probably do."
"What's your name, anyway?" asked the woman.
"Tubbo. This is Ranboo."
"Wait, I swear Niki's mentioned you before?" said the woman. "I'm Puffy, by the way."
"Has she? Who else has she mentioned?" asked Tubbo curiously.
"Uhh, some guy called Phil, and another boy called, um... Tommy?"
Tubbo froze.
"Tommy?"
"Yeah. You know him?" she asked, a little concerned about how his expression went from lighthearted to murderous in a second.
"Yeah. That's why we're here, actually, because of him. We're travelling to where he lives to get revenge."
"Revenge?" she asked, surprised. "For what?"
"Long story," he said apologetically. "Basically I was living with him and his family and they kicked me out so I asked him for help while they were kicking me out and all he said was 'I'm sorry, Tubbo' and refused to help me. So I'm getting revenge."
"Oh. Damn," Puffy replied to him. "But don't you think that's a little overboard for him just not helping you?"
"Do you want to get bit?" Tubbo asked annoyedly, and she shut up.
"This is your room," she announced, welcoming them into a spacious, cosy room with a king sized bed and wardrobe.
"Enjoy your stay, I guess," was the last thing Puffy said before she left them to go visit her... friend... Niki in Niki's room.
"Hey, Niki," she said, entering a minute later.
Niki, who was reading a book, looked up. "Hey, Puffy!"
"Do you know someone called Tubbo? He's here with a tall guy called Ranboo."
"Wait, what?" Niki said incredulously. "He's here? I've never actually met him personally but I've heard a lot about him from Tommy and the others."
"Oh? What have you heard about him?" Puffy asked.
"Well, Tommy felt really bad about kicking him out. Also, he killed Dream's boyfriend, apparently."
"Wow. Okay, that's kind of impressive. Wait, which Dream? Vampire or hunter?" questioned Puffy.
"Hunter," Niki answered.
"Even more impressive."
"What's he here for, though?"
"Oh, it's a bit odd actually," Puffy said, "he says he wants revenge on the guy you mentioned, actually. Tommy."
"What?"
"Not my business, just saying."
"It is your business! It's my business which makes it yours too. It's ours. We need to warn the guys up at the DSBI mansion!" Niki cried urgently. "We need to get there right now."
"How, though?"
"You're a pixie, right?"
"Yeah?"
"You've got wings, right?"
"Well, yeah, when I want to I do."
There was silence.
"...if you're saying what I think you're saying... No."
"Cmon, pretty please?" said Niki, looking at Puffy with doting eyes.
"No! I refuse."