Chapter 7- A New Pyschopath, A Corpse, And Some Suspicious Meat

"Ah, hello, Dream," said Phil calmly. "How nice of you to drop round. Care for a... bite?"
Phil sniggered to himself at his pun while Dream just looked annoyed.
"Nope. I'm here for a... Thomas Simons? I have reason to believe he's seeking residence here. Blonde hair, straight teeth, etc etc," he said seriously.
"Come. We can talk about this over dinner," said the familiar voice of Wilbur Soot.
"No! I'm not having dinner with The Traitor," Dream said, trying to conceal his surprise at Wilbur turning up so quickly.
"Alright. We won't talk about it at all."
Dream was about to turn on his heel and leave, when Wilbur added in one more thing.
"Oh, and the small matter of what we did or are doing to your beloved George."
Dream's head turned so fast he cricked his neck.
"What?! What did you do to him??" Dream half demanded, half cried.
"Oh, I thought we weren't going to discuss it, because you didn't want any dinner. What a shame," taunted Wil.
The strawberry-blonde man sighed.
"Ugh. Fine. But only one meal."
Half an hour later, Dream was sitting at a mahogany table, at the opposite side of the table, as far away from Wilbur as possible.
"One platter of blood for the handsome gentleman in the beanie and coat," Phil said, imitating a waiter.
"Aaaand, one plate of freshly cooked... pork... for the freckly guy."
Dream stared down at the meat in apprehension.
"C'mon, dig in!" Wilbur said from the opposite side of the table. Wil had already started to spoon his meal and eat it like soup.
Dream cut up the pork and placed it in his mouth. It was delicious.
Until he had finished it, he realised something was wrong.
He was feeling drowsy.
The brunette came up to him tauntingly.
"You wanted to know where your George is?"
Dream's breath hitched.
"You just ate him."
The last thing he felt before passing out was pain.
Tommy was confused.
"Who was that guy?" he whispered to Phil. "And how did he know my full name? Why was he looking for me?"
"He's a vampire hunter. He exiles as many of us as possible. I'm guessing he found your Hunt corpses, remember that? He probably analysed the fingerprints and got your profile. You're registered as dead anyway, so that was a 'dead' giveaway," said Phil.
"You really love the dad jokes, huh? Alright, that makes sense though. I guess I didn't realise that shit would have consequences."
"None of us do, really. There's always a tiny part of our brains, even when we do something super bad, like murdering someone, that says You could get away with this. You can do this. We only realise that it was wrong when the time comes."
"Oh."
"Anyway, I wondering how Wilbur is doing with him?"
"What do you mean?"
"Oh, he fed Dream's dead boyfriend to him, passing it off as pork, and drugged the meat. Dream'll be out like a light." Phil sounded pretty excited. "I'll get the turning honours; we're turning him into one of us."
"Wow. That's both clever and sadistic."
He paused for a moment.
"Just like Wilbur."
Wilbur, as it turned out, was doing well. Dream's body was hardly heavier than an average dog's because of his vampire strength. It was easy to drag him down to the basement and attach him to the rusty cuffs.
"Phil!" he called out. "He's ready!"
Phil heard this from upstairs, and so did Tommy.
"What do you mean, ready?" the younger blonde asked.
"Oh, I'm gonna be the one turning him. We're all done with his bullshit, all Dream's been is a pain in the arse," Phil replied.
Tommy knew not to question this, but he still followed Phil down to the basement.
His dad placed two fingers on the strawberry-blonde man's head and his eyes fluttered open. Taking in his shackles and the vampires surrounding him, Dream panicked and frantically tried to escape to no avail.
His eyes locked with Tommy's and he snarled.
"You! I knew you were here. And now you motherfuckers are going to kill me!"
"Oh, but we're not killing you. We're relieving you of the pains of being human. Welcome to vampirism, mate," said Phil soothingly.
"W-wha- no! No! I'm not becoming one of you! No! Never!"
Phil placed his strong fingers on the back of the hunter's head, tilting his head so his pink neck, so colourful in comparison to most of the residents of the house (with one exception), was in a vulnerable and revealing position.
Dream was screaming while Phil calmly told him to "Just let it happen and get it over with."
The older man's teeth clamped onto Dream's neck and Dream screamed as loud as he could.
The screams progressively got quieter until the human slumped down, unconscious and dead to the world.
"And now we wait," said a satisfied Phil, wiping some blood from the corners of his mouth.
"Damn, what was he eating? That was the best blood I've tasted in a couple decades."
Four weeks passed and they just kept a dead body in their basement, watching and waiting for something to happen.
Wilbur checked on Dream every day, with no avail.
Two days later, Wilbur got back from a hunting trip and heard a clinking from down below.
Dream was up!
He rushed downstairs, and sure as hell there he was. He was struggling against his chains, new sharp teeth bared in hatred.
Then he noticed Wilbur.
His orange eyes widened as his eyes fixed on the man with blood splatters all over his yellow wool jumper and brown coat.
"You! Get me out! I need to get out of here!" Dream demanded.
Wilbur merely chuckled.
"No chance, sorry mate. When your powers come in you'll be able to do it on your own."
"Powers-?"
"Yeh. You're a vampire. Like me." Wilbur smiled at those words, he cherished saying them. He'd only said them once before, to a crying blonde teenager who now lived with him and had come to see him as family.
"What?! No! I don't wanna eat blood!"
"You'll do it like everyone else that's come before you. It's inevitable. You cannot leave a bloodless lifestyle. You'll go mad from the hunger."
At these words, Wilbur left Dream alone to mess with his thoughts.
Going upstairs, he yelled, "DREAM'S UP!"
Phil was the first to emerge from his dusty room where he held all the precious relics that his wife, the Goddess of Death, had gifted him.
"Yess! Can't wait to taunt him."
The next few days consisted of Tommy, Techno, Phil and Wilbur taunting Dream who still couldn't get out of his rusty prison.
Ranboo and Tubbo just stayed in Tubbo's room, talking, and Tommy couldn't help but believe Wilbur who'd informed him that Tubbo and Ranboo were talking about running away without him. He felt his friends slipping away from him, slowly, slowly...
One night, Ranboo decided to visit Dream, unbeknownst to him the ex-hunter was going crazy with hunger.
He walked down the dark cold stone steps.
"Hello? Dream? It's me, Ranboo. I'm the only human here. I'm not here to taunt you. I wanna have a conversation," Ranboo murmured to the captive man.
"I need blood... blood... s-soo hungry... I need to have blood..." was all he could say.
Suddenly, he looked at Ranboo through the dark and finally had enough power to break free from the shackles which had been holding him in place for so long it was real.
He sprinted full-force at the taller boy, being only a few inches under him he just had to leap a little to grab onto Ranboo's neck.
The teen gasped as he got pulled to the ground and could only lie there as fangs pierced his skin for the last time. A slurping, satisfactory noise was above him as he felt the sensation of being drained a thousand times over.
At least I satisfied someone in death, he thought to himself, smiling before he blacked out.