Chapter 33- "What Did You Do With Him?!"

Tommy was worried.
"Has anyone seen Ranboo?" he asked everyone worriedly.
"Nope, sorry mate," Phil said, and Techno just shook his head silently.
Wilbur said, "No," shortly, which seemed out of character for him, but Tommy ignored it.
"Oh. Cuz I've not been able to find him anywhere, I came back to my bedroom today and he was gone."
"Sorry, mate, got no idea," Phil said, walking out the room.
"Hm," Wilbur said distractedly.
"Wilbur, why're you being so quiet?" Tommy asked suspiciously. "You'd probably taunt me usually in this situation."
"No I wouldn't," Wilbur said shortly. "I don't know what you mean."
"Are you plotting anything?"
"No! None of us are plotting anything."
"Us?"
"Oh, um, you know, Phil, me, Quackity, Techno, Ranboo probably, I'm just saying nobody is plotting anything. Trust me."
Wilbur only realised how much he'd fucked up after he'd said that.
"Did you say Quackity?" Tommy asked suspiciously. Alright, there was definitely something going on, he decided.
"N-no! Trust me, I didn't."
"Wilbur, your nickname is the Traitor. It's not very smart to trust you, to be fair," said another voice, and both Tommy and Wilbur turned to see Techno leaning on the doorframe smugly.
"How long have you been there?" Tommy asked indignantly.
"Oh, a few minutes." Techno smiled knowingly.
Wait.
Techno SMILED?

What was happening?
So many out-of-character things.
Phil not helping him! Wilbur not taunting him when his friend presumably ran away!
Techno smiling, for fuck's sake!
Seriously, what was happening?

"Oh," Tommy said. "Do you have any idea about to where Ranboo is?
"Nope. Got nothin'," Techno replied. "Wilbur probably does. He's only quiet when he's hiding somethin'. Or plotting somethin'." Techno thought for a moment. "Or both."
Tommy turned to the taller man furiously.
"OK, Wilbur, you definitely know something about Ranboo. Did you kidnap him or something? Kill him? Send him off? Torture him? What did you do to him?!"
Tears were springing on the waterline of Tommy's stubbornly orange eyes, but he wiped them away. He didn't want to seem weak in this situation. Not now.
"I did nothing to him, Tommy. Promise."
"You obviously did! Lying bitch!"
"No. I didn't."
"Has this got something to do with Quackity?" Tommy asked desperately, and it seemed he'd hit a nerve.
"N-no!" Wilbur stuttered. "Nothing- nothing at all! Promise! Nothing!"
"That means yes, then."
"Fucking hell. I'm going to my room. Not my fault that your fucking dickhead of a friend ran away from you." Wilbur left the room swiftly after the last word had escaped his lips, leaving only Tommy and Techno in the room.
"So. Got fucked over by your friend, huh?" Techno asked.
"Apparently. I don't trust Wilbur, though. He's probably done something with Ranboo."
"When'd you last see Ranboo, then?"
"Um, about 1am maybe? Then I left to go get food."
"OK. What was he doin'?"
"Just sitting there. In my room. He wasn't tied up or anything."
"Did he say anythin' to you?"
"No."
"That probably means he ran away. Wilbur was in the forest from 2AM, apparently, so he basically had an hour to kidnap Ranboo from there. So he could have done it. But probably didn't."
"OK, but we need to find him! He could be dead somewhere! If he can die!"
"Oh, Kristen told me that he can die, but he can't die of old age or starvation or whatever, he needs to be killed by somethin' that's not natural. So if he doesn't get himself stabbed, he'll be fine. Probably."
"When did she tell you that?!"
"When she revived him. Like, ages ago."
"And she didn't tell me?" Tommy said annoyedly.
"Heh? She didn't tell you?" Techno said, genuinely surprised by this piece of information.
"Yeah?!" Tommy said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.
"Fair enough. Kiddo."
"I'm not a kid!" Tommy replied indignantly. "I'm nearly 19!"
"And I'm 338," Techno said, completely deadpan, staring into Tommy's eyes.
"Oh."
"So you are a kid compared to me."
"Yeah, but I'm not an actual kid! I'm- I'm a vampire, for fuck's sake! I've... I've killed loads of people and met loads other and gone on adventures and stuff! I'm definitely not a kid! I'm like- I'm like the opposite."
Tommy folded his arms defiantly.
"OK, kid."
"Fuck you."
"Well, I'm not wrong."
"We're ending this conversation now, alright?"
"Heh. OK."
"I'm gonna see what Wilbur's doing," Tommy said confidently.
"You do that."
"Charmer, aren't you?" Tommy replied to Techno, annoyed at the lack of validation he'd got from his brother.
"I'm aware. Now go."
"Alright, alright, God, you love bossing me around, don't you?" Tommy said, walking out the door. Just for good measure, he stuck his middle finger up behind him.
"I saw that!" Techno called from behind him, but he continued walking.